At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally, with annual sales generally in excess of $5 million. Our 10 major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Insurance, Wells Fargo Securities, and Principal Investments. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses
This role will serve as the Wholesale Risk and Controls business leader accountable for the work force strategy and ensuring the development of appropriate processes/planning in support of the current and future operating models. In partnership with key stakeholders, this work will include development of the end to end process for full time employees, onshore/offshore and Third Party strategies.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Building and leading a team.
- Developing core workforce strategies that will be applied across Wholesale Risk and Controls.
- Serve as an advisor/thought leader for work force related decisions/areas that support the Wholesale Risk and Controls objectives.
- Serve as the business lead to develop, validate and plan for key workforce strategic deliverables.
- Ensure successful implementation of key business deliverables to include but not limited to; consistent and transparent staffing assessments, location strategy, business plan for hiring and recruiting, onboarding, performance management, succession planning and retention/workforce turnover strategies.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: administrative support management, project management, business operations or strategic planning in financial services
- 3+ years of management experience
- Strategic planning experience in translating leadership vision into executable strategies and initiatives
- Knowledge and understanding of Workforce Optimization (WFO)
- Financial services experience
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services risk management
- Experience with financial services businesses in a regulated environment
- International or wholesale banking operations exposure; preferably within Wells Fargo
- Knowledge and understanding of banking: current/emerging trends and international norms
- Experience driving and leading organizational change in a dynamic environment
- Organizational effectiveness consulting experience
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to synthesize complex analytical findings into executive level communications
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications
- The successful candidate will demonstrate core competencies in Leadership, Strategic Planning, Process Improvement, and Project Management.
- Significant business experience in executing against talent management and workforce planning activities.
- Excellent consultative and partnership skills.
- Experience leading a business team.
- Experience leading teams through organizational transformation or large change efforts in a complex/matrixed environment
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.