At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products Group, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions, and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Its guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
The Operations Group is responsible for key functions critical to achieving Wells Fargo's Vision and Values. Operations provides foundational banking services for many businesses across the enterprise. We have an experienced leadership team and highly engaged team members committed to being a competitive advantage for Wells Fargo. From protecting customers from fraud to assisting bankers with opening new deposit accounts, from enabling companies to wire funds to processing millions of transactions accurately and timely each day, the critical work our team does creates the experience customers have with Wells Fargo. The work we do directly impacts Wells Fargo's ability to attract and retain customers. Together, with our valued partners, we strive to provide an outstanding customer experience across our business every day.
The Quality Management Leader is part of Customer Experience and Business Enablement (CEBE) team reporting to Nick Jayanetti, Head of Operations Quality Management. This position will be responsible for leading a team that will be performing quality monitoring activities for Operations Services and Delivery (OSD), Electronic and Commercial Services (ECS), Enterprise Utility Services (EUS) and Operations Support Group (OSG). This individual will be responsible for implementing QA standards and conducting monitoring and reporting of results across the above Operations lines of businesses. This role will also develop strategies to identify, design, train and implement effective QA routines for the areas supported.
This position will partner closely with process owners across Operations as well as Business Control Executive teams to ensure effective QA practices are in place and key partners and leaders have visibility to performance results. The team will be expected to understand the regulatory and corporate policy impacts to the business and work with the business managers to implement control functions to ensure compliance with regulatory and policy requirements.
Key responsibilities include:
• Implement QA and Self-Assurance standards that are developed for Operations
• Develop quality assurance routines using advanced statistical methods
• Guide process owners on how to create effective Quality control (QC) activities and assist in creating QC to remediate issues
• Actively identify areas where QC and QA are needed
• Lead team of QA analysts to effectively monitor key processes and Manage QA workflow
• Responsible for developing daily, weekly and monthly monitoring routines
• Partnership and collaboration with internal functional departments and correspondents to resolve complex issues within department service level goals
• Select, train, develop, and motivate staff to achieve group objectives
• Recommend and make decisions on personnel related matters including performance
• Develop and motivate team members to achieve individual, team, and department goals
• Identify and implement control automation opportunities.
• Perform analysis and produce dashboards and reporting
Locations: Phoenix, AZ; Minneapolis, MN; Charlotte, NC; Des Moines, IA; Will consider other Wells Fargo locations
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: administrative support management, project management, business operations or strategic planning in financial services
- 3+ years of management experience
- 4+ years of Operational Risk Management experience
- 3+ years of financial industry experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Quality Assurance (QA) development and implementation of testing practices/processes
- Process improvement experience
- Ability to lead projects/initiatives with high risk and complexity
- 6+ years of audit experience
- Management experience in a planning environment
- Extensive expertise in process and control design and management
- Six Sigma certification
- An outstanding leader who has the ability to inspire and motivate team members to a very high level of performance.
- Ability to drive decision making through a consensus building approach.
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization, develop partnerships with many business and functional areas, provide insight into the economic climate and related market developments and identify trends which may present opportunities or reflect gaps in the business.
- Analytic capabilities utilized to identify root cause issues/improvement opportunities, and designing approaches/programs to address those issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to inspire large teams and effectively influence external constituencies.
- Ability to identify inefficiencies, opportunities to streamline business processes, and implement change
- Knowledge and understanding of issues or change management processes
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Agility to work productively and adapt to a fluid operating environment
- Ability to implement a solution and communicate, in clear business terms, the benefits of the proposed risk management approach
- Experience developing the strategic plan and framework for multiple functions and operations/production oversight programs
- Bachelor’s degree; engineering degree or advanced degree preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.