At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Lending is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. Our group includes Home Lending, Personal Lending, and Wells Fargo Auto, and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. Our foundation for success can be summarized in three beliefs: Our product is service. Our value added is financial advice and guidance. Our competitive advantage is our people. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
- Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer (Source: Inside Mortgage Finance)
Our Mortgage team supports the nation's leading originator and servicer of residential mortgages.
This Business Support Manager 4 position will join the Fulfillment Risk Management Team which resides within the Fulfillment and Home Equity Risk, Quality, and Workforce Optimization Team in Home Lending.
Manages a team who leads diverse support functions and risk operations oversight for Retail Fulfillment and Home Equity.
Functions managed may include: policy/procedure administration and adherence, systems/changes initiatives, business continuity planning, legal and regulatory adherence, SLA negotiation/development, reporting and analysis, funding, pipeline, process improvement, quality management, MBO development, communications, financial control/budgeting.
- Supports strategic initiatives for the business related to Risk
- Management responsibility over a team that includes mid-level managers and individual contributors that perform research of emerging risk issues, documents the issue, performs root cause, and coordinates or develops corrective action plans. Identifies areas of early risk through review and analysis of various reports and results and drives develop of plans to correct
- Partners closely with Retail Fulfillment and Home Equity leaders, Production Quality Risk Management Team, Front Line Lending Control Team, Legal, NUPRM, PMO office, Fee Governance Team, and Business Process and Engineering Team
- Works directly with Remediation team on oversight of Remediation inventory and defining work and approach to solve issues associated with Remediation effort
- Responsible for coordinating, supporting, and managing activities associated with Retail Fulfillment and Home Equity efforts that are long-term, significant in risk, scope, complexity, and carry a substantial impact
- Ensuring all efforts in scope have clear success metrics and the status, issues, risks, resource needs, financials, implementation dates and impact to other projects are understood and communicated to the right teams and senior leaders
- Builds and delivers detailed plans to implement large scale changes to the organization, tracking to established deliverables/milestones/timelines defined by Enterprise policy, and ensuring target dates are met
- Day to day oversight of the portfolio of Remediation efforts and corrective actions for Retail Fulfillment and Home Equity Production, ensuring the required timelines and strength of solutions are met. Focused on identifying opportunities to improve processes and controls across the Business and ensuring project teams fully mitigate risks with appropriate solutions
- Oversight responsibility of Retail Fulfillment and Home Equity activities directly related to Exam and Audits. This includes the planning and preparing for the audit as well as coordinating any needed responses or new work as a result of the exam/audit
- This position will interact with senior leaders and major stakeholders on a regular basis to understand risks and impacts to the organization and will create and deliver presentations to senior leaders on goals, plans, and progress
- Oversight of execution to owned Issues and Corrective Actions from Identification through Completion
Ideal candidate may be located within the Wells Fargo footprint.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: administrative support management, project management, business operations or strategic planning in financial services
- 3+ years of management experience
- 2+ years of mortgage operations experience
- Individual must have strong knowledge of retail and/or home equity mortgage operations, specifically processing, underwriting, and closing
- Ability to work independently, strong communication, ability to bring credible challenge, and strong sense of urgency. Needs to have ability to reach across business groups as necessary to gain agreement, alignment, and support of proposed solutions
- Must be pro-active, organized, and is responsible for recognizing and understanding problems, bringing issues to resolution, and escalating as necessary to meet timelines
- Project Management experience
- Mortgage and/or Home Equity lending corrective actions remediation experience
- Experience with business continuity planning
- Experience creating and delivering a large scale change or initiative within the organization
- Ability to motivate groups and to quickly gain the trust/confidence of executive leaders
- Exposure to Exam and Audit coordination
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.