The Business Support Services / Direct Connect manager position will be responsible for the supervision and administration of all general business operations supported through the recovery business. This position provides strategic leadership as well as the day to day management of a team of Account Resolution Consultants and Support / Implementation Analysts throughout the country. This role has oversight into a team that supports Credit Balance Recovery, Payment Resolution Services, Direct Connect, Data Mining and the Center of Excellence.
There are various daily goals which must be managed, through multiple small groups of employees at a business critical level. Oversight includes a recovery business, Direct Connect, and its financial and growth goals which are managed through monthly metrics. Responsibilities include developing and maintaining provider partnerships at multiple levels, establishing relationships with internal and external leadership, creating and implementing strategy focused on achieving / exceeding financial results and establishing process improvements for the technology. In addition, the BSS / DC manager is responsible for a team which includes both remote and office based professionals. This includes continued employee development and increasing employee engagement levels. As a member of the Business Support Services / Direct Connect leadership team, the manager will also be a liaison to the Business Support Services Director in improving overall client and internal satisfaction by understanding and anticipating customer expectations and developing strategies and operational plans to address current and future business needs.
Travel may be required in and around the country as business needs dictate.
- Meets / exceeds client expectations and goals relating to Optum’s work product and relationship standards
- Day to day management of a team of professionals providing leadership, coaching and next level support
- Provides leadership to and is accountable for the meeting / exceeding revenue results. Must be able to effectively manage an onsite staff as well as remote staff
- Responsible for the team’s achievement of production goals as well as delivery of quality work product and building effective provider relationships
- Develops, translates and executes strategies or functions / operations into objectives for multiple Direct Connect solutions
- Responsible for the talent management process with a focus on development of key performers, recruitment, succession planning and performance management
- Provides support for multiple technologies utilized by OPI Recovery and their 600+ employees (Debt Manager, Vox, Safari Corporate, Direct Connect, Overpayment Management Portal)
Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate system implementations with all new provider and payer clients
Responsible for process improvement and development of key workflows in order to expedite financial results month over month
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant business experience
- 2+ years of direct report management
- 2+ years of client management, account management, and operations experience
- 2+ years of experience in managing financial acumen and ability to establish aggressive goals and deliver results. Able to successfully manage a P&L
- Strong communication skills. Able to effectively communicate to direct reports, Sr. Leadership and matrix partners on a consistent basis
- Ability to work independently in remote environment
- Proven ability to build and maintain customer relationships through communication, collaboration and efficiency
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time
- Willingness to take calculated risk
- Anticipates and drives change through the organization, equipping staff to adapt quickly
- Proficient in MS Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: operations, call center, customer service, tech support, leadership, manager, management, direct reports, Franklin, TN, Tennessee