As a Business Systems Analyst in EA, you will be accountable for defining and operating the core architectural oversight processes in United Health Group. This role crosses many complex and independent operating companies, and is focused on effectively integrating our architecture data, investment data, and technology standards to shape the direction of our projects.
- Engage and collaborate with architects across many portfolios to align with major technology strategies
- Develop strong relationships across the enterprise with architecture stakeholders to strengthen the role of architecture oversight.
- Share and communicate ideas both verbally and in writing to staff, business sponsors, managers, and technical resources in clear, concise language that is appropriate to the target audience
- Participate in communities of practice to share knowledge, learn, and innovate
- Take an active role in mentoring, and team performance management process by completing goal setting, interim review, and year-end review on a timely basis and soliciting ongoing feedback
- Adapt and remain effective in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s of Science or Engineering from a recognized university or at least five years of professional Software Engineering experience)
- 5+ years of experience delivering enterprise software at scale
- 2+ years of experience defining and realizing technology strategy
- Familiarity with technology/IT finance
- Familiarity with architecture oversight models
- Familiarity with technology classification schemes
- Fluency with Agile, Backlogs, and Product Management and an ability to effectively navigate those mechanisms to drive outcomes.
- Fluency with end-to-end business processes (which span Products)
- Locations are open in Eden Prairie, MN or Boston MA or Greenville, SC or Basking Ridge, NJ
- Internal Optum candidates in other UHG offices or locations can be considered.
- Experience with large scale business-technology transformation
- Experience with large, distributed company structures.
- Experience with healthcare or finance industries.
Optum is a diversified health services and innovation company where data, technology, people and action combine to make great things happen every day. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.