At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Leads the strategic development and design of technological processes, models, and standards that address long-range operational and strategic business requirements. Identifies risks and opportunities associated with redesign and improvement decisions and ensures alignment with long-term business and technology strategies. Key job responsibilities include:
- Act as a liaison between business and technology organization by planning, conducting, and directing the analysis of the most complex, strategic, corporate-wide business problems to be solved with automated systems.
- Apply knowledge of industry trends and technology to drive organizational change and position Wells Fargo Asset Management for the future.
- Act as the highest-level internal consultant within technology and business groups by re-engineering technical processes for greater efficiencies with significant impact to investment teams
- Provide analysis of the needs of the investment teams and create requirements and/or work with Technology resources to prioritize and implement solutions needed for the local investment team.
- Work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of a variety of factors. Make timely decisions by including all the needed groups. Make decisions that include a variety of options, thinking of the big picture. Effectively use technical and business skills
- Coordinate and effectively partner with technology managers and Business Systems Consultants supporting other businesses of the firm.
- Drive for results, conveying a sense of urgency and bringing issues to closure despite obstacles and opposition.
- Demonstrate outstanding flexibility, teamwork and leadership.
- Demonstrate sound decision making which reflects an understanding of the firm’s business and its priorities.
- 12+ years of information technology experience
- 5+ years of management experience in a technology environment
- 8 + years of direct report management experience including, but not limited to, assigning tasks, conducting performance evaluations and determining salary adjustments
- 8+ years of investment industry experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Knowledge and understanding of business requirements gathering and translation to technical requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of SQL
- Project management experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher in business or management
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
- An active Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation
- Experience with Investment Technology systems such as Advent APX, CRD, and Markit EDM.
- Experience with investment/portfolio analytic tools such as FactSet, and Bloomberg Port
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.