At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
- Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally, with annual sales generally in excess of $5 million. Our 10 major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Insurance, Wells Fargo Securities, and Principal Investments. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Job Description: May act as a liaison between client area and technical organization by assisting in the planning or analysis of basic business problems to be solved with automated systems. Provides application support via telephone, email, and instant messaging. Provides support in identifying and evaluating automated systems and related procedures that are cost effective and meet business requirements. Works with user groups to provide training, resolve questions, and assess user needs. Gathers data to be used by business groups.
Responsibilities: This position is key to the daily 1st and 2nd level BTSC service desk support of Wholesale applications (CreditView, COPS, Cornerstone, Credit Bridge, ART, MRA, ETRAC, LDIC, RELMS, CForms, EZR, ProfitView, Relationship Pricer, RelationshipView, Glue: Sharing, Glue:Wholesale Referrals, BLAST, CRMTools, and SeeMore Plus) used by many lines of business. The BTSC team responds to an average of 13000 inquiries per month. This hourly BSC 2 position works with the users to troubleshoot application and system issues, identify defects and document enhancements. The BTSC Consultant escalates to 2nd level production support to report business problems that may provide technological solutions. The BTSC consultant will be involved with UAT testing, provisioning access, communication, and assistance with the various applications. The position consults with the production support and technology teams to provide the line of business users technological solutions.
Team members support the Bank’s focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs, which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 1+ year of business systems analysis experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Wholesale banking experience
- Undergraduate degree
- Familiarity with Wholesale Banking processes
- Application support experience
- Experience providing phone and email support
- Demonstrated effectiveness with troubleshooting system issues
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and diagnostic skills
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
AZ-Chandler: 2700 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.