At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Trust Services Group: Trust Services Group is made up of approximately 380 Team Members supporting multiple lines of business processing highly complex transactions involving very high dollar amounts. The role supports all of Trust Services Group (TSG) and will work closely and collaboratively with line of business teams and technology partners.
This Business Systems Consultant will work as a member within the Business Support Process group on the Production Support team dedicated to providing superior support to our business partners by being knowledgeable experts on our supported applications. This role will also work closely technical partners for daily production, and or projects and initiatives within Trust Services Group.
The primary role of this position will be to provide first line production support on various systems and applications; focusing on the support of applications and TSG business processes using ISO messaging to contribute to the stability of tools and applications by partnering with and understanding the needs of the business groups. Additional opportunities exist to work with and support other business groups and gain an extensive understanding of their business workflows and related technical systems.
This individual must be self-motivated with the ability to proactively problem solve, identify solutions, and provide recommendations to peers, business partners and various levels of leadership. A successful candidate will have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple and changing priorities. This person will be flexible and work hard, both independently and within a team in an occasional high pressure environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure consistent communication of production issues, issue tracking, and provide team support statistics for management.
- Responsible for being the first point of contact for any system issue that arises in the production groups (this role will focus vastly on supported applications and business groups using ISO messaging).
- Become familiar with industry initiatives that impact assigned production groups.
- Maintain support guidelines for use of existing and new applications.
- Collaborate with managers and staff to understand problems, resolve issues and offer solution planning.
- Ability to gather information from different and varied sources to clarify a complex situation.
- Review and analyze external systems or standard changes to the existing applications and processes
- Provide testing and validation for evening and weekend implementations, where needed.
- Recommend short and long term solutions to address an issue’s root cause or risk associated with current business processes/applications
- Available to complete occasional evening and or weekend validations as needed
- Evaluate, implement, lead and/or monitor SWIFT Releases for Trust Services Group and communicate status to stakeholders
- Support business as usual (BAU) and SEI Wealth Platform (SWP) messaging approach
- Working and collaborating with the Enterprise SWIFT Team on initiatives impacting TSG
- Providing oversight for the development of UAT test strategies, UAT test plans, and UAT test scripts for messaging initiatives.
- 3+ years of business systems analysis experience, business systems design experience, or a combination of both
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Specific product or industry knowledge such as SWIFT / ISO Messaging
- Experience with multiple Trust Services business groups
- Knowledge of securities processing
- Able to take ownership of issues and resolve with limited supervision
- Demonstrates solid ability to prioritize multiple, competing initiatives in an organized manner.
- 5+ years Trust Operations Experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.