At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a nationwide, diversified financial services company with $1.7 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo has more than 265,000 team members in 36 countries across our approximately 90 businesses. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 30 on Fortune’s 2015 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Wells Fargo Stories.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Trust Services Group: Trust Services Group is made up of approximately 380 Team Members supporting multiple lines of business processing highly complex transactions involving very high dollar amounts. The role supports all of Trust Services Group (TSG) and will work closely and collaboratively with line of business teams and technology partners.
The Role: This Business Systems Consultant will work as a member within the Business Support Process group on the Frontier Support team, dedicated to providing superior support to our business partners by being knowledgeable experts on our supported applications. This role will also work closely with technical partners for daily production support, as well as projects and initiatives within the Trust Services Group.
The primary role of this position will be to provide first line business support to all business users of the Trust Frontier Reconciliation tool. This tool is widely used across the Trust community, which provides additional opportunities to partner with and support other business groups and gain an extensive understanding of their business workflows and related technical systems.
The Candidate: This individual must be self-motivated with the ability to proactively problem solve, identify solutions, and provide recommendations to peers, business partners and various levels of leadership. A successful candidate will have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple and changing priorities. This person will be flexible and work hard, both independently and within a team in an occasional high pressure environment.
- Support moderately complex to complex business / system issues
- Review and analyze application changes to determine impacts to reconciliation processes
- Partnering with technology partners to support new products and system upgrades throughout the project lifecycle
- Working with business partners to perform trend analysis on processes and identify process improvements
- Ensure consistent communication of production issues, issue tracking, and provide team support statistics for management
- Recommend short and long term solutions to address an issue’s root cause or risk associated with current business processes
- Develop and maintain support guidelines for Trust Frontier and related processes
- Collaborate with managers and staff to understand problems and resolve issues
- Ability to gather information from different and varied sources to clarify a complex situation
- Perform and support UAT testing activities, as needed
- Able to complete occasional evening and/or weekend testing and process validations as needed
- Training and supporting new support staff
- 3+ years of business systems analysis experience, business systems design experience, or a combination of both
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of securities industry and securities processing/operations
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge and understanding of SQL
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to identify and resolve problems
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Knowledge and understanding of metrics based analysis: reporting and trend analysis
- Expertise with Frontier application
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.