At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk areas, including credit risk, operational risk, market risk, strategic risk, and compliance risk. Corporate Risk strives to ensure that all Wells Fargo enterprise functions and lines of business (LOBs) soundly manage risk, comply with applicable laws and regulations, and offer products and services that meet the needs of our customers. The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, Corporate Risk provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) Credit Risk Credit Risk Team is responsible for risk reporting and regulatory submissions for the WIM commercial and consumer loan portfolios.
We are looking for a Technical Writer who will be responsible for updating our Metadata system, documenting data and reporting objects we work with and their data lineage. In this role, you will serve as the intake point for all Metadata updates that are driven by implementation changes in our data and reporting platforms. You will work with technology partners to review and understand ETL logic and document it so that it is easy for a business user to follow the logic flow and rules. You will work with business team members to document field-level mappings, including data formatting and value rules. Additionally, you will champion Metadata documentation standards and train team members on the Metadata system.
This role requires that you have a sharp eye for details and that you can adapt quickly to fast changing requirements. You will need a strong analytical background and solid SQL skills. You will work with a broad spectrum of team members, so excellent oral and written communication skills are essential. You will use PowerPoint and Visio to create compelling presentations and need to be comfortable giving presentations.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of business systems analysis experience, business systems design experience, or a combination of both
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Project management experience
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Business analysis and research with high degree of attention to detail– someone who can and will be accountable to take a requirement from start to finish.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Time management and organizational skills to effectively prioritize multiple objectives and achieve goals.
- Ability to identify, understand and articulate a broad spectrum of data issues and how they apply to the business.
- Proven ability to work effectively with multiple constituents, including peers and senior management.
- Ability to effectively interface with a variety of collaborative partners at different levels of seniority and understanding.
- Understanding of reconciliations and controls.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Finance, or related field.
- Credit knowledge and experience with Wells Fargo credit origination and servicing systems (AFS, ACAPS/SHAW, and MSP) and processes/procedures.
- Experience designing data presentation layers.
- 3+ years prior Financial services industry experience
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.