At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Lending Solutions Group. Business systems consultant service for the corporate lending applications. Responsible for business requirements, testing and implementation of enhancements and fixes to both the Loan IQ and AFS lending applications.
Business Systems Consultant in the Lending Solutions Group. Resp0nsibilities include focusing on supporting both Loan IQ and AFS lending applications to comply to all qualifying IRS tax reporting requirements. Responsiblities/knowledgebase include, but are not limited to:
- Detailed knowledge of IRS tax regulations as it relates to all loan and trading portfolios on Loan IQ and AFS. Includes domestic and foreign customers, lenders and servicing locations
- Staying current on all new IRS tax regulations, planning and execution to ensure Loan IQ and AFS applications are compliant
- Engagement with Loan IQ and AFS technology resources, providing business requirements for any required application or reporting changes
- Engagement with Loan IQ and AFS operations resources, providing guidance on tax changes and testing coordination of any new application tax changes
- Partnership with WLS tax office and supporting upstream and downstream partners that participate in Loan IQ and AFS tax processing. Ensure process is coordinated and service level agreeements are in compliance
- Participation in quarterly tax data review for Loan IQ and AFS to ensure data is properly reconciled and issues corrected in a timely fashion
- Participation in yearly tax processing, reconciliation, approval and transmission to IRS within guidelines
- Participation in IRS and/or internal tax audits of the Loan IQ and AFS tax process and/or data
- Research of Loan IQ and AFS tax production issues which includes working with operations users, technology and Loan IQ vendor to resolve
- Support of tax projects that involve the LoanIQ and AFS application, interface partners and reporting tools. Project support includes, but is not limited to, leading discovery meetings, business requirement documentation, support of functional system design document, creation of test scripts, test validation, support of user acceptance testing, Support of new functionality training, implementation planning and implementation support
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of business systems analysis experience, business systems design experience, or a combination of both
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Prior business systems consultant experience, including discovery meeting leadership, business requirement documentation, test planning and implementation execution
- In depth knowledge of commercial loan products
- Experience with either Loan IQ or AFS lending applications
- Prior experience and knowledge of IRS regulations, tax risk mitigation and reporting compliance (1099 INT, 1099 MISC, 1099-B, 1042-S and IMY reporting to beneficiary owners)
- Tax forms knowledge including W-8’s, exemption codes, country rates and IMY withholding statemets
- Previous FATCA experience
- SQL, excel knowledge to pull loan/tax data for review. Reconciliation and submission
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.