This role and their team will provide assistance in managing project queues, defining user requirements and acting as the second line of support for the field. Testing, management of small changes, and acting as subject matter experts on identified issues, task forces, or special project teams also will be a part of this role.
This role is accountable for:
- Overall day to day support of the CRV application and functionality
- Solid knowledge and understanding of CRM solutions with an emphasis on Salesforce.com
- Consultation, direction and oversight to technology and Scrum Team partners to ensure standards and critical path deliverables are met to support the CRV application
- Analysis and communication of application progress, schedules, and risks for all production support issues or changes.
- Interaction with Speed to Market teams across the program mitigate risks involved with implementing large amount of change at the same time.
- Identification and assistance in the resolution of cross project interdependencies and issues
- Analysis and troubleshooting of user reported issues and escalated issues
- Serving as a subject matter expert for other team members regarding this application set
- Work with EIT development teams to identify improvements in the application
- 2nd line support for Helpdesk
- Over time this role will have direct report responsibility
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. If you are a Wells Fargo Team Member, in your Jobs Profile ensure that your email address is valid and updated to an address that can receive external emails outside of the banking network and is a different email address than the one you originally used when you joined Wells Fargo. Initial contact with you will be made via e-mail. Please check your e-mail regularly for updates.
- Depending on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo Bank.
- 7+ years of business systems analysis experience, business systems design experience, or a combination of both
- 6+ years of application production support experience
- 3+ years of management or leadership experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- Ability to manage projects or programs following a Standard Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) approach, with scheduled release code deployments
- Ability to coordinate completion of multiple tasks and meet aggressive time frames
- Good analytical skills including strategically analyzing data and diagnosing opportunities/interventions
- Financial services industry experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
CA-SF-Financial District: 550 California St - San Francisco, CA
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.