At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) Credit Risk Credit Risk Team is responsible for risk reporting and regulatory submissions for the WIM commercial and consumer loan portfolios.
As we embark on the process of building the next-generation data environment for WIM Credit Risk, we are seeking a Data Steward who can take primary ownership of our data assets. In this role, you will be working with subject matter experts and technology partners to implement data requirements. You will lead projects by bringing together the appropriate stakeholders, defining business requirements and success criteria, discussing technical designs, and performing user acceptance testing. You will serve as intake point for data object requests. You will champion design standards, train team members on the data environment, and guide teams through implementing the initial and incremental data presentation layer.
We work across a range of technology platforms, including Teradata, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services, and .NET Web Applications. This role requires that you have a sharp eye for details and that you can adapt quickly to fast changing requirements. You will need a strong analytical background and solid SQL and Excel skills. You will work with others to dig into the bank’s accounting and lending systems for tracking down data issues and identifying what data is best to meet new requirements expressed by our analytics and reporting teams.
You will work with a broad spectrum of team members, so great oral and written communication skills are essential. You will use PowerPoint and Visio to create compelling presentations and need to be comfortable giving presentations.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of business systems analysis experience, business systems design experience, or a combination of both
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 5+ years of financial services experience
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Project management experience
- Business analysis and research with high degree of attention to detail– someone who can and will be accountable to take a requirement from start to finish.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Time management and organizational skills to effectively prioritize multiple objectives and achieve goals.
- Ability to identify, understand and articulate a broad spectrum of data issues and how they apply to the business.
- Proven ability to work effectively with multiple constituents, including peers and senior management.
- Ability to effectively interface with a variety of collaborative partners at different levels of seniority and understanding.
- Understanding of reconciliations and controls.
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Finance, or related field.
- Credit knowledge and experience with credit systems (AFS, ACAPS/SHAW, and MSP) and processes/procedures.
- Experience designing data presentation layers.
CA-SF-Financial District: 420 Montgomery - San Francisco, CA
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.