At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk, and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Since 1852, customers have trusted that Wells Fargo would keep their assets secure from theft and always available. Today, maintaining customer trust remains our underlying operating principle.
Enterprise Information Security’s (EIS) vision is to provide Wells Fargo world leading cyber security risk management. Through a framework that addresses policy, process, operations, people, and technology, EIS protects Wells Fargo’s infrastructure, corporate data, and customer assets, and ensures alignment with applicable regulations and laws. EIS is part of Wells Fargo's Corporate Risk organization and is led by the Chief Information Security Officer.
The EIS Security Code Review (SCR) team provides application vulnerability and risk identification for many of the critical applications used by Wells Fargo from an automated and manual static analysis (code level) perspective. SCR is extending its core team capabilities in vulnerability and risk identification to additionally include malicious code review.
Within the Cyber Security Defense and Monitoring (CSD&M) organization, this Business Systems Consultant will serve as a technical security resource on the SCR team. This is an exciting ground-floor opportunity to be part of a new competency that extends core SCR team capabilities into a new malicious code review arena, while leveraging mature security code review processes. The new team member will conduct cyber intelligence research through external and internal sources to produce a database of exploit, malware, and proof of concept detail that may be applied against application code to unmask potential insider threat.
This new role will be part of a growing team of niche, high performance security talent. Applications encompass a vast assortment of language technologies, with Microsoft and Java-based technologies, mobile applications, classic web applications/portals, newer innovation applications, and more. Cyber research would be applicable to all technologies in the Wells Fargo internal application landscape.
Aspects of the position include but are not limited to:
- Conducting innovative, in-depth research in application exploits
- Building a database of malicious code snippets and proof of concept code
- Contributing to the buildout of a malicious code detection capability
- Developing in-depth findings reports and exploit awareness newsletter content
- Communicating findings to relevant business partners and team members
While working to your strengths aligned to your own unique core technology background, you will have supported opportunity to learn new technologies and gain new skills. In fact, professional development is one of the core work objectives for each SCR team member, where enhancing current and building new capabilities are favorable traits and encouraged.
This position will report directly to the Security Code Review Leader situated within Cyber Threat Management (CTM), and will be working with a high performance team of security engineers focused on driving success of manual and automated security review capabilities within the SCR Team that operates as part of CTM within EIS CSD&M. This is an exciting opportunity as Wells Fargo continues to improve and expand our core capabilities in application vulnerability detection, risk identification, remediation validation, and reporting.
**This position may sit at any core Wells Fargo location or telecommute**
Team members are spread across several locations, with the majority of the team working remotely. We focus on hiring the best talent regardless of the location.
We don’t expect you to join us and hit the ground running. We take what we do seriously, and expect to train you on our processes.
We believe in diversity. Your opinions matter to us, opening discussion forums to the opinions of all team members so that we can uniformly make strategic and operational improvements that consider all sides, or inviting you to opt-in to specialized team or department level working groups that assess unique and diverse topics in code level security that will help to optimize vulnerability detection, how we assess risk, how to validate remediation effectively, and consider appropriate safeguards.
If this sounds like a position that interests you, apply today. We’d like to understand your capabilities, background, and opinions on application security.Required Qualifications
- 7+ years of business systems analysis experience, business systems design experience, or a combination of both
- 4+ years of information security experience
- 1+ year of relational database experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Security engineering experience that includes knowledge and understanding of recent research and industrial advances in one or more of the following areas: computer and communication networks, cyber security threat detection, cyber security experimentation and testing, innovative research in cyber security, physical security controls and their weaknesses, debugging, hardware and device hacking, or electronics security
- Web application security vulnerability detection and mitigation experience
- Knowledge and understanding of mobile software security vulnerabilities such as the OWASP Top 10 Mobile Risks
- SQL experience
- Knowledge and understanding of technology testing: web-based applications developed in Java or .net framework
- Knowledge and understanding of design and development of modern web applications and mobile technologies
- Knowledge and understanding of technology testing: dynamic application or software assessments (web application penetration testing, web application vulnerability testing)
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Ability to articulate issues, risks, and proposed solutions to various levels of staff and management
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Ability to translate and present complex technical data across technical and non-technical groups
- Advanced Information Security technical skills and understanding of information security practices and policies
- Ability to manage complex issues and develop solutions
- Expert security exploit and proof of concept research skills
- Experience writing rules for SAST tools like HP Fortify SCA and Checkmarx
- Understanding of SSL/TLS and Cryptography (symmetric and asymmetric encryption, PKI, etc.)
- Involvement in local security groups, such as OWASP local Chapters
- Developer Certifications (examples include SCWCD, SCJP, SCJD, SCJA, MCSD, etc.)
- CISSP, CSSLP, GSSP, or comparable security certification
- Ability to comprehend source code
- Knowledge of risk assessment methodologies and frameworks and how to apply them to diverse applications
- Ability to stay current with emerging technologies and industry trends
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.