At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo’s Chief Administrative Office (CAO) consists of enterprise functions that work together to promote and protect the Wells Fargo culture and brand, and support our team members. Groups within CAO work to protect our reputation, tell our story, bolster team member engagement, connect with our customers, and bring new and innovative solutions to life. CAO functions include Commitment to Customer, Corporate Responsibility & Community Relations, Data Management & Insights, Human Resources, Marketing, Stakeholder Relations, and the CAO Integration and Planning Office.
Data Management and Insights (DMI) is transforming the way that Wells Fargo uses and manages data. Our work enables Wells Fargo to empower and inform our team members, deliver exceptional experiences for our customers, and meet the elevated expectations of our regulators. The team is responsible for designing the future data environment, defining data governance and oversight, and partnering with technology to operate the data infrastructure for the company. This team also provides next generation analytic insights to drive business strategies and help meet our commitment to satisfy our customers’ financial needs.
The Wholesale Customer Information System (WCIS) sits within Data Management & Insights / Transformation and is responsible for the applications used within Wholesale to collect, enrich, maintain, and publish customer data for all products/services within the Wholesale organization. The systems collect and provide data to most operational areas within Wholesale. The collection of the customer toolsets are leveraged by 100+ partners and thousands of users operating across the globe. The data within the system must be high quality, as it is leveraged for many critical business functions including executive decisions, public reporting, regulatory reporting, etc.
The Business Systems Consultant 5 will report to the Strategic Planning Manager for Wholesale Customer Information System (WCIS) Relationship Management. The team member will be responsible for supporting efforts related to delivery and maintenance of the Customer systems.
The role is expected to:
- Participate in analysis around business, process, data, and interface areas. (20%)
- Create, update, and maintain business requirements, statements of work, project definitions, data flow diagram, process flow diagrams, SharePoint documents, and any other related documentation. (40%)
- Participate in partner meetings; assist partners in understanding system integration challenges, and go above and beyond to keep our partners happy. (20%)
- Participate in project planning, testing, system and user support, security maintenance, monitoring, and any other tasks needed to deliver items for our business partners. (20%)
- Above items may occasionally require work beyond core business hours.
Key responsibilities include:
- Meet with business partners, related technical teams, and other operational areas to collect, negotiate, and determine go-forward solutions to problems or needs with direction from direct manager. Ensure designs/plans are keeping the long term health and quality of the system is top priority.
- Generate requirements, implementation, training, testing, and support documentation for specific application/processes/interfaces within Customer Systems.
- Assist with managing the SDLC for changes/enhancements to the Customer Systems.
- Participate in testing efforts during all portions of the SDLC life cycle to ensure deliveries are complete and high quality.
- Assist with managing and logging any inbound partner requests.
- Assist and work with Compliance and Audit groups to verify system and/or integration capabilities and completeness within specific project areas.
- Generate and send communication to partners regarding deliverable status, progress, and plans for completion within specific project areas.
- Perform research/analysis tasks for critical system problems to help determine a root cause (which requires ability to write moderate to complex SQL statements).
- 7+ years of business systems analysis experience, business systems design experience, or a combination of both
- 2+ years of SQL experience
- 4 + years of experience gathering business requirements from various sources including end-users and stakeholders
- 2+ years of experience creating pivot tables and performing data analysis in Excel
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Experience with Wholesale Customer Interface Services (WCIS) & existing wholesale system integrations
- Must be detailed oriented and highly analytical as role requires to think outside the box and move concepts to implementations
- Demonstrated ability to map out complex problems and break them down into consumable parts
- Demonstrated ability to present complex problems to large audiences both technical & business to gain consensus/buy in
- Experience in data skills, ability to talk in terms of data attributes/tables, and ability to write SQL queries
- Knowledge of operational systems, processes, requirements, data flows that exist within the Wells Fargo Wholesale footprint and/or Domain knowledge as it relates to Wholesale Banking
- Knowledge of real-time system design principles, complications, and solutions
- Identifiable knowledge, experience and understanding of Wholesale methodology, process and methodologies
- Proficient skills with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio – must have data manipulation expertise in Excel
- Relationship Management experience within the Wells Fargo footprint
- Understanding of technology concepts and related toolsets including: file transfer, web services, replication, publish/subscribe services, scheduling, user interfaces, etc
- Flexible and self-motivated, with ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.