At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) businesses build enduring client relationships through sound, thoughtful and objective advice. We help our clients by developing individualized plans for everything from retirement goals to business succession planning, to family legacy intentions. Services include comprehensive planning and advice, investment management, brokerage, private banking, estate planning strategies, trust, insurance and both individual and institutional retirement.
Brokerage Innovation & Strategy Shared Services Group is seeking a strong candidate to fulfill the Business Systems Consultant Manager 2 need within the business unit. The Business Systems Consultant Manager will partner with Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) and Enterprise Information Technology leaders to drive User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for key strategic initiatives across Wealth, Brokerage, and Institutional Retirement platforms. They will lead a team responsible for coordinating the activities required to meet quality standards for WIM applications. They must be a forward thinking, capable and committed testing manager with a proven ability to meet agreed deadlines, co-ordinate work and work to define testing standards and methodologies within a structured environment.
A qualified candidate must be able to focus on any task at hand, be able to come up with practical solutions and alternatives to testing processes. This role requires first class leadership, negotiating and communication skills and should be capable of providing authoritative guidance and advice to both in house and third party partners.
Key abilities include working collaboratively and exhibiting influence. They will work with numerous individuals across WIM and frequently partner with Brokerage, Wealth, Institutional Retirement product partners.
This role is tasked with the responsibility for UA test effort success. The role involves quality, test advocacy, resource planning, management and resolution of issues that impede the test effort. Candidate should have a business focus, but also have an understanding of testing from multiple perspectives such as system, role based security, technical environments, usability, and performance. This covers: Qualified candidates will have held positions of increased responsibility for design creation across multiple disciplines and has acquired enough breadth to lead others.
- Develop the overall testing strategy and prioritize testing needs
- Effective partnering with key IT and business communities to ensure effective use of methodologies and communicate test strategies, test results and performance
- Build a testing team of professionals with appropriate skills, attitude and motivation
- Define the strategy and negotiate the ongoing purpose and deliverables of testing efforts
- Ensuring the appropriate planning and management of the test resources (includes schedules and timecard management)
- Assessing the progress and effectiveness of the test team
- Advocating the appropriate level of quality by the resolution of important defects
- Advocating an appropriate level of testability focus in the software development process
- Estimate and obtain management support for the time, resources and budget required to perform testing
- Support the team in the development of the test plan for the tasks, dependencies and participants required to mitigate the risks to system quality and obtain stakeholder support for the plan
- Assign tasks to all testing team members and ensure that all of the them have sufficient work in the project
- Ensure content and structure of all testing documents / artifacts are documented and maintained
- Document, implement, monitor, and enforce all processes for testing as per standards defined by the organization and UA Test Management Office (TMO)
- Act as an escalation point for project testing issues and work with leadership, project/program manager to resolve
- Ensure the timely delivery of different testing milestones
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 3+ years of supervisory or management experience
- 7+ years of information technology experience
- 3+ years of leadership or management experience, in an IT environment
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Ability to motivate staff to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to provide leadership to a matrixed organization environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strongly Desired: 3+ years of project, system analysis or test management experience
- Strongly Desired: Experience leading a large group of testers, ideally user acceptance testers; candidate must demonstrate ability to differentiate UAT from other testing phases
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- Experience in test schedule development and preparation/review of test reports
- Proficient at managing multiple large efforts simultaneously, in an environment with ambiguity
- High degree of initiative and autonomy but must be able to function successfully as part of a team
- Ability to assess issues, make quick decisions, implement solutions, and influence change
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior-level leaders; demonstrated ability to bridge communication gaps between technical, product, and business partners.
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- Ability to manage process improvement initiatives to optimize operational effectiveness and efficiencies
- Outstanding problem solving, organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- 5+ years on working in/with financial services partners on product strategy / product development; to include industry knowledge and experience working with Wells Fargo Advisors and/or Lines of Business such as Brokerage and/or Wealth Management.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.