BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
The JDA Business Systems Manager is responsible for providing daily support of Supply Chain, Merchandising and Marketing activity, and is also accountable for supporting the implementation and execution of JDA Demand & Fulfill modules. This Manager will work closely with the Director Supply Chain Systems, members of the Supply Chain Systems Team, and the IT CoE to assist in building and developing a roadmap of long term system solutions and lead operational implementations for process improvement. Leveraging the functionality of BJ’s current and future JDA modules are critical responsibilities. This role does requires knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Provide business process, technical support, and management oversight for JDA Supply Chain systems
- Ensure integration with ERP systems to support supply chain and merchandising functions
- Build relationships with existing external vendors to understand their capabilities and explore enhancement opportunities to further system harmonization
- Manage continuous improvement initiatives for the Supply Chain and Merchandising Division
- Actively seek creative supply solutions to optimize cost and value equation.
- Ability and willingness to seek and incorporate input from others in order to develop collaborative solutions
- Acts as a liaison between the business (Supply Chain and Merchandising) and BJ’s IT teams
- Will work with abstract ideas across functional areas; through assessment of intangible variables, defines strategy and direction for the sourcing of technical components
- Work closely with IT teams on business process improvements and system solution implementations, ensuring effective integration points with JDA Supply Chain Systems
- Knowledge of outside industry best practices and controls around Supply Chain and Merchandising systems
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects and changing priorities and work extended hours when required
- Thoroughly understand the nature of the business requirement for each project, and recommend important strategic decisions to define the overall project deliverables.
- Secure and allocate appropriate resources and manage projects to meet Division goals and achieve financial objectives
- Organize the projects by defining scope and objectives, securing needed resources, and establishing the project governance structure
- Rapidly learn new systems and procedures
- Be self-directed, making decisions on priorities and order of tasks. Make adjustments for frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Ability to provide clear and concise direction and instructions to staff and other departments
- Experience to lead change by making recommendations to management to implement changes as warranted through communication and persuasion skills
- Manage a team of highly motivated individuals - direct the hiring, training, supervision, mentoring, and performance evaluations of Supply Chain staff
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or Information Management) and/or demonstrates capability to perform job responsibilities through previous experience
- 8-10 years of retail experience preferred
- 6-8 years Supply Chain Management experience is preferred
- JDA Demand and Fulfill management and/or implementation experience required
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite; advanced Excel skills, SQL skills required
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- High degree of integrity, humility and professionalism
- Customer focused and respectful of others
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel, via email, in person and in small group settings
- Good understanding of business process and relevant supply chain relationships that exist within the retail industry
- Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and oral instructions
- Ability to work autonomously – creating and tracking progress in an ambiguous fast paced environment
- Outstanding planning, organizational, time management, and follow-up skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible night and weekend, when necessary
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, team environment
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.