If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Business to Business Billing Manager is within the Financial Operations Team, specifically the Optum Centralized Billing Department. Position will manage a billing team that works on many types of billing and billing systems with the end goal of moving to one common tool. They will interact with customers, operation teams and accounting to gather supporting data to ensure invoice accuracy and also work through specific billing discrepancies. Provide input to policies, systems, methods, and procedures for the effective management and control of the premium billing function.
- Manage daily workflow and supervise all billing activities for team(s) of billers. This includes contract billing and project costing billing.
- Maintain processing standards and ensure department SLAs are met
- Review and approve invoices
- Run system processes to generate invoices
- Interpret contracts to create and maintain billing and revenue rules in the ERP tool
- Develop, implement and maintain processes and procedures for accurate and timely billing, ensuring best practices. Keep all department procedures up-to-date.
- Create training materials and ensure employees are adequately trained to perform their jobs.
- Handle staff performance management.
- Monitor and report productivity and quality measures of the team.
- Maintain adequate internal accounting process documentation and controls.
- Manage the audit process and work with internal and external auditors
- Provide operational and technical accounting expertise to ensure compliance with GAAP, Company policies, rules, regulation and laws.
- Develop and maintain internal control structure and procedures for GAAP and SOX compliance
- Resolve and follow up on high level customer service issues.
- Maintains high performance standards for the team and does not tolerate complacency or mediocrity.
- Identity errors/adjustments / exceptions and communicate those adjustments effectively to customer and internal stakeholders
- Provide input to department projects and tool enhancements when needed.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- 3+ years of demonstrated progression in a business to business billing area
- 3+ years of supervisory experience with direct reports
- 1+ years of contract and project costing billing experience (time and material)
- 1+ years of experience resolving customer related issues
- Work experience using Microsoft Excel (creating pivot tables and using filters)
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- Experience in a large scale ERP environment
- 1+ years of experience with pricing and revenue structures
- Excellent process management and improvement skills.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- High energy, high initiative, detail oriented and innovative individual
- Strong analytical skills and process improvement / automation focus
- People and organizational savvy
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Billing; Manager; Healthcare; UnitedHealth Group; Eden Prairie; Accounting; Revenue, ERP, process, improvement, management, finance, supervisor, pivot tables