Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
- Manage daily workflow and supervise all billing activities for team / s of billers. This includes contract billing and project costing billing.
- Maintain processing standards and ensure department SLAs are met
- Review and approve invoices
- Run system processes to generate invoices
- Interpret contracts to create and maintain billing and revenue rules in the ERP tool
- Develop, implement and maintain processes and procedures for accurate and timely billing, ensuring best practices. Keep all department procedures up - to - date.
- Create training materials and ensure employees are adequately trained to perform their jobs.
- Handle staff performance management.
- Monitor and report productivity and quality measures of the team.
- Maintain adequate internal accounting process documentation and controls.
- Manage the audit process and work with internal and external auditors
- Provide operational and technical accounting expertise to ensure compliance with GAAP, Company policies, rules, regulation and laws.
- Develop and maintain internal control structure and procedures for GAAP and SOX compliance
- Resolve and follow up on high level customer service issues.
- Maintains high performance standards for the team and does not tolerate complacency or mediocrity.
- Identity errors / adjustments / exceptions and communicate those adjustments effectively to customer and internal stakeholders
- Provide input to department projects and tool enhancements when needed.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- 3+ years of demonstrated progression in a business to business billing area
- 3+ years of supervisory experience with direct reports
- 1+ years of contract and project costing billing experience (time and material)
- 1+ years of experience resolving customer related issues
- 1+ years of experience with pricing and revenue structures
- Work experience using Microsoft Excel (creating pivot tables and using filters)
- Experience in a large scale ERP environment
- Excellent process management and improvement skills.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- High energy, high initiative, detail oriented and innovative individual
- Strong analytical skills and process improvement / automation focus
- People and organizational savvy
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Billing; Manager; Healthcare; UnitedHealth Group; Eden Prairie; Accounting; Revenue, ERP, process, improvement, management, finance, supervisor, pivot tables