The Buyer will be part of a small team within the merchandising organization that will drive a new merchandising concept set forth by Bed Bath & Beyond. Their fundamental role will be to develop and roll out concept specific assortments, manage the timeline of launch dates and assortment turnover while partnering with inventory management and cross concept partners in the inventory strategy. Will be responsible for the professional development of one or more assistant buyers
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain all category sku and visual line lists for each specific concept location.
- Communicate line list updates to IM and cross concept partners
- Develop and maintain new processes to manage the growth of this high visibility concept.
- Develop and source new product thru domestic travel.
- Manage and source new vendors, building partnerships to ensure the best pricing for the assortment
- Achieve and/or exceed margin and turnover financial objectives
- Identify sales trends and provide strategies to course correct
- Sample management -- tracking, unpacking and organization on as needed basis
- Responsible for providing timely and accurate information to cross functional and cross concept partners and Sr. Management
- Serves as the key point person in contact with vendors, internal and cross concept partners
- Drive financial planning strategies and analysis with IM partners
- Participate and present in any product assortment meetings
- Communicate with internal and external partners with prompt, clear and concise verbal and written communication
- Responsible for the professional development of one or more assistant buyers or merchandising assistants
- Ability to identify business opportunities and risks by analyzing sales performance and the competitive landscape, provide findings to internal and cross functional partners
- Demonstrate an understanding of competitive product trends, concept sales analysis and historical data at the category level to provide recommendations on assortments
- Excellent listening, written and oral communication skills, ability to clearly communicate with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Excellent planning, organization and negotiation skills
- Ability to work autonomously while handling multiple priorities, shifting tasks and timelines
- Ability to mentor and develop the professional development of one or more assistant buyers or merchandising assistants
- BS/BA degree required
- Minimum 5 years' experience at the Buyer level with a multi unit retailer
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with Merchandising software systems; AS400, Brio
- Solid systems skills; Microsoft; Excel, Word
- Proven leadership track record
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.