External Job PostingPosition Overview:
Shopko Buyers are analyzers, negotiators, and deal-makers. They research, evaluate and buy products for companies to resell to customers. Shopko Buyers are the people who determine what products get into our stores and what products are available at Shopko.com! They do the footwork, the research and create the deals to buy quantities of products to sell to our customers. The Buyer’s goal is to achieve sales, margin and inventory turnover to continually increase profitability. They source new merchandise and review existing items to ensure products remain competitive. They stay current with market trends and react to changes to ensure a full understanding customer needs. Shopko is looking for experienced buyers who are looking for a rewarding career with a growing company.
Product Selection/Assortment Planning
• Develop and plan seasonally appropriate merchandise assortments and identify key item drivers using the Merchandise Strategy.
• Maintain knowledge of and react to industry and competitor merchandise trends for assigned business areas.
• Monitor sales and react accordingly to maximize business trends .
Financial Planning/Merchandise Pricing
• Complete accurate forecasts evaluating financial components based on current trends.
• Set promotional and pricing strategies to achieve sales and margin plans.
• Monitor and maintain merchandise promotion performance.
• Strategically plan, manage and control merchandise markdowns.
• Establish a collaborative relationship with Merchandise Support team to ensure availability, timely distribution, and replenishment of merchandise.
• Partner with Marketing to develop marketing strategies and special promotional events.
• Partner with E-commerce team and provide them with content to achieve financial goals.
• Partner with Space Planning and Visual Merchandising to develop merchandise presentation and space allocation strategy.
• Partner with Private Brand and Trend department on product development and sourcing as appropriate.
• Maintain collaborative partnerships and negotiate effectively with vendors.
• Manage vendor performance to maximize profitability and achieve financial objectives.
Minimum Knowledge, Experience, and Skills Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business (Retail Merchandising desirable) from a four-year college or university or equivalent work experience
• 2 – 5 years of progressive retail experience in buying and inventory management
• Strong negotiation skills
• Exceptional attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
• Ability to clearly communicate with all levels of the organization and vendors
We provide general merchandise, Pharmacy, and Optical services in our store formats of Shopko, Shopko Hometown, and Shopko Express.
At Shopko, we understand what matters to our customers. Our stores are designed to be simple, clean, and welcoming, not overwhelming. We offer the essentials our customers need and the brands they trust at a fair price. Shopko, the Stuff that counts.
Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package!
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.