External Job PostingPOSITION SUMMARY:
Provides administrative support to assigned Buyer/Buyers. Ensures the business operates in a smooth, timely and professional manner. Works with the Buyer to identify and help resolve issues or problems encountered. Accurately administers all procedures involved with Advertising. Completes all new vendor/item set-ups and ensures accurate maintenance of all correspondence. Develops and maintains a full understanding of current systems and interacts/ communicates with all levels of the company.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Advertising Process
- Ensures advertised SKUs are downloaded into the ad system with correct hierarchies, comp sales history, pricing, disclaimers, selling information, colors, sizes, store exceptions, promotions and signing.
- Ensures accurate and timely submission of Flashes and Z-Reactionaries.
- Ensures ad system signing is accurate.
- Maintains an advertising book of grids, worksheets, layouts, ad samples, and recaps.
- Maintains an ad rotation calendar.
- Coordinates ad sample process
- Requests samples from vendor.
- Labels and submits samples to ad coordinator.
- Keeps samples current, rotating with new planograms/deliveries.
- Sorts and returns samples to correct department.
- Marks samples for sample sale or return to vendors.
- Maintains a sample log and flags pictured items for inventory management purposes.
- Identifies advertising discrepancies through store walk-offs, ad proofing reports, conflict reports, and deletion reports.
- Attends weekly meetings to review advertising layouts, samples, flashes, etc.
- Utilizes Advertising system to determine ad pick up dates.
- Reviews ad sales and files recaps.
- SKU Set Up (New and Existing)
- Supplies new vendors with Vendor Partnership Manual.
- Collects all necessary forms to set-up new vendor.
- Submits forms to Accounts Payable to get new vendor #.
- Submits new skus to Buyers Support to enter in Retek.
- Creates and proofs item set up spreadsheets for the new merchandise.
- Verifies accuracy of new sku set-up in Retek.
- Obtains approval on fluid breakpack skus.
- Updates existing sku’s, upc’s, cost, retail changes etc.
- Maintains sku set up books.
- Meets with buyer on new items purchased.
- Purchase Orders / Contracts Orders (Domestic and Import)
- Enters purchase orders in Inforem or T drive.
- Creates contract orders.
- Forwards purchase orders to Inventory Management dept.
- Follows up and updates purchase orders as applicable.
- Works with replenishment analyst to change quantities in the system if there is a discrepancy when receiving the packing list for import orders.
- Ensures compliance with CPSIA standards.
- Maintains CPSIA Certificate of Compliance location log.
- Ecommerce / Gift Registry
- Creates web ID and updates web forms.
- Collects, labels and submits samples to ecommerce photo studio.
- Submits web copy form to vendor.
- Works with buyer to prioritize workload.
- Manages daily department correspondence.
- Develops and maintain a filing system.
- Develops effective working relationships with all internal departments and vendors.
- Ensures the business operates in a smooth, timely and professional manner.
- Resource for vendors and internal departments during Buyer absence.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1 – 2 years administrative assistant experience
- Proficient in MS Office to include MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Work independently, self-motivated, attention to detail
- Strong problem solving/decision making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We provide general merchandise, Pharmacy, and Optical services in our store formats of Shopko, Shopko Hometown, and Shopko Express.
At Shopko, we understand what matters to our customers. Our stores are designed to be simple, clean, and welcoming, not overwhelming. We offer the essentials our customers need and the brands they trust at a fair price. Shopko, the Stuff that counts.
Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package! If you are accessing this posting from another website, please submit an application atwww.shopko.com/careers.
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.