Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Locations for this position: Livingston County, MI, Oakland County, MI, Washtenaw County, MI and Wayne County, MI
- Locate members who need guidance
- Telephonic and in person outreach
- In person outreach may vary from 25% - 75%
- Create a positive experience and relationship with the member
- May focus primarily on conducting health risk assessments with members
- If assigned health plan members to assist in completion of recommended screenings and tests
- Inquire if members need help with any specific barriers to healthcare
- Identify health plan resources or local community resources to provide solutions for the member
- Keep the member out of the hospital by supporting regular visits to their primary physician
- Keep member actively engaged with their primary physician
- Support the member to ensure pick - up of their Rx
- Proactively engage the member to manage their care
- Provide member education
- Support transitions of care
- Help to keep members compliant with their care plans
- Partner with care team (community, providers, internal staff)
- Knowledge and continued learning of community cultures and values
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 3+ years of experience working within the community Health setting in a Healthcare role.
- 1+ years of outbound patient / member outreach experience, both telephonic and field - based / in - person
- Experience using a computer and Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates), Microsoft Excel (data entry, sort, filter, and work within tables), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Ability to travel 25% - 75% of the time throughout the State of Michigan
- Must reside in the one of the following counties or surrounding areas: Livingston County, Oakland County, Washtenaw County, Wayne County. MI
- Undergraduate Degree (or higher)
- Experience working in Managed Care
- Knowledge of Medicaid & Medicare populations in your local area
- Knowledge of culture and values in the local community
- Familiarity with the resources available within the community
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in healthcare here. We serve the healthcare needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, HIV / AIDS and High - risk Pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes - based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive Healthcare, Community, and Government partners to heal healthcare and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.