Assist the Kitchen Manager in coordinating the back of the house during the assigned shift period, with an emphasis on food ordering, kitchen production, banquets, sanitation and training.
The duties and Responsibilities of the Cafeteria First Cook Supervisor shall be the same as those outlined in the Cafeteria Cook I job description, as well as the following additional duties and responsibilities.
- Display emphasis on kitchen productivity during meal period assisting the various stations in maintaining productivity levels equal to guest and banquet flow.
- Assist the Kitchen Management in the training of new employees to the kitchen operations.
- Assist the Kitchen Management in the training of current employees who have been promoted to cook positions.
- Work in other kitchen stations as needed to help maintain productivity equal to guest flow and banquets.
- Safe and proficient use of all types of kitchen knives and ability to produce all types of cutting styles, i.e. cube, julienne.
- Ensure that opening and closing side duties are completed in a timely fashion, and that the kitchen is ready for next meal period.
- In absence or the directive of the Kitchen Manager check out cooks and other kitchen personnel.
- Ensure that cook production areas are broken down according to kitchen standards and ServeSafe HACCP guidelines.
- Conduct regular temperature checks of food items in all areas of the kitchen to ensure temperature zone compliance. Discard those items found to be in the danger zone and record on waste sheets provided by Kitchen Manager.
- Adhere to all sanitation, safety, risk management and environmental policies.
- Ensure that staff is adhering to sanitation and risk management policies, including but not limited to wearing personal protective equipment, SDS location and comprehension and ergonomics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two years ala Carte or batch cooking experience in a Cook I, or Senior Cook capacity.
- Experience in training kitchen personnel in basic cooking skills, knife handling, timing, temperatures and sanitation.
- Ability to quickly assess productivity levels of personnel in all areas of the kitchen, and assist where needed.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with all stations and equipment in the kitchen including serving line, batch production, prep, pantry and dish.
- Ability to pass Serve Safe HACCP food sanitation course.
- Previous cooking experience in a high volume ala carte or batch production setting.
- Ability to produce items to standard following menu recipe(s) for set menu items.
- Physical ability to stand for long periods of time and work in high temperatures.
- Ability to carry out duties on any station in the kitchen.
- Physical ability to lift thirty pounds of product and carry it a minimum of twenty-five feet.
- Good verbal communication skills and ability to train personnel in basic cooking techniques.
Low-cost in-park housing provided. Discounted meals; Medical/Dental/Vision health plans available; 401K; Drug-free workplace. Employment history verified. Background checks/Drug test required. Xanterra is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Woman/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply