Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You can improve the health of others and help heal the health care system. You can work with in an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
Positions in this function are responsible for initial triage and counseling of members. Employees in this function require a Masters Degree in counseling, psychology, or social work.
- Initial behavioral health triage of members in a call center environment
- Analyze and investigate members' questions
- Provide explanations and interpretations of benefits / coverage, benefit authorizations, treatment plan processing and assistance in finding behavioral health services
- Analyzes and investigates
- Provides explanations and interpretations within area of expertise
- Master's Degree (or higher) in a Behavioral Health field (Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, Human Services)
- 1+ years of experience in Behavioral Health field with direct client contact
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to type 35+ WPM
- Must have internet connectivity through cable or LAN (not satellite)
- Must be available to train on site in Cypress, Monday through Friday 8 AM to 5 PM.
- After training, must be available to work any of the following shift (telecommute after training is complete): Thursday through Monday, 5:30 AM to 2 PM (off Tues/Wed)
- Call Center experience
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, United, Healthcare, Health Group, behavioral, intake, counselor, psychology, call center, medical, clinical, social work, human services, Cypress, CA, California