There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Health Care Decision Support is 24/7 inbound call center. We have full time positions (5 days a week, 8 hour shifts) available. Day, evening and overnight shifts are available which could include 1 weekend day. Holidays are required on a rotating basis. Variety of schedules available! Training, regardless of schedule, will be a full 40 hours per week for 6 weeks, at regular daytime business hours.
Training will be virtual training, WebEx etc Monday through Friday.
If you are located in Arizona, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- We are an inbound call center open 24/7 including holidays
- Assesses and triages immediate health concerns
- Identifies problems or gaps in care offering opportunity for intervention
- Coordinates services and referrals to health programs
- Provides health education and coaches consumers on treatment alternatives to assist them in best decision making
- Supports consumers in selection of best physician and facility to maximize access, quality, and to manage heath care cost
- Prepares individuals for physician visits
- Manages utilization through education
- Special projects, initiatives, and other job duties as assigned
This position will require an active and unrestricted Nursing licensure for the State of Arizona. Residence in the State of Arizona is also required. Selected candidate must be willing and able to obtain and maintain multiple state licensure. (Application fees and filing costs paid for by UHG)
- Active, unrestricted RN license in the state of Arizona
- Residence in the State of Arizona
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in any clinical setting
- Proficient level of experience with Microsoft Office applications, and strong technical aptitude
- Ability to work evening shifts including weekends
- Ability to work Monday - Friday during daytime hours for first 6 weeks for training
- Multiple state licensure (in addition to Compact License if applicable) or ability to obtain multiple state nursing licenses
- Previous experience working with the Medicaid & Medicare population
- Highly organized, self-directed worker with an ability to function in high volume environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Home health experience
- Triage experience
- Emergency room experience
- Case management experience
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous experience in a call center environment
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus but not required
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RN, nurse, case manager, call center, healthcare navigator, telephonic nurse, triage, Phoenix, Arizona, AZ, Medicaid