You are passionate about building brands with purpose. You are an expert in your discipline, but you wake up every day most motivated by the fact that your work has broad impact and ties to a social mission. You are motivated by an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in a fast - paced, dynamic and ever - evolving environment. You are a team player, comfortable with driving strategy as well as digging in and getting your hands dirty while drawing on your strong digital marketing experiences, multi - channel advertising experience, project management discipline and an aptitude for brand advocacy through collaboration. You like to do and lead, sharing direction, information and data from the plans that are implemented. If this sounds like you, a role on the Optum Brand and Experiences team may be a good fit for you!
We are seeking a super - organized and highly - engaging professional to help our Brand Campaign and Content team coordinate our go - to - market advertising strategies with our external media, creative and content agency partners. In this role, you will help manage the processes around our brand advertising, partnerships, and sponsorships functions.
Our team purpose is to elevate and inspire every interaction with the Optum brand, and as the Brand Media Coordinator you will be responsible for advancing our paid advertising and owned content initiatives intended to drive increased awareness, consideration and affinity for the Optum brand and will be fully immersed in our integrated marketing activities. You will have an opportunity to shape a breakthrough, digitally - focused brand campaign and integrated media plan that continuously evolves, pushes and advances the Optum brand into its next stage of evolution. This is a position that requires someone with demonstrated experience of highly coordinated campaigns across a variety of channels. The ideal candidate will bring strategic and creative - thinking and innovation in their approach to supporting key initiatives.
The seasoned Brand and Content team you will join is accountable for developing brand - level advertising, marketing and broad - reaching content that aligns to the business / growth priorities and also reflects the interests of society and our target audience. This includes the development and ongoing support of a tiered process to create, store, and distribute brand - related marketing materials, information and thought leadership pieces. Encourage the mining of internal resources, content and expertise in order to become intellectual agents. Create a process to manage Optum brand presence and marketing concepts with the aid of technology resources and editorial staff. Partner with highly credible publishing or editorial entities to leverage editorial competency, partner brand affinity and industry specific information in order to create credibility, affinity and positive impression with target audience.
The team works closely with external creative and media agency partners and internal creative and marketing team members (e.g. portfolio and segment) to ensure all content initiatives, across paid, earned and owned channels, are tightly aligned with business and growth priorities.
- Support day - to - day operations of external strategic agency and / or media partner relationships and partnerships functions to enhance development and execution of brand - building initiatives
- Help with day - to - day correspondence around partnership activations
- Provide weekly “Hot Sheet” to inform senior leaders of upcoming in market media
- Assist with ad hoc and scheduled presentations, reporting and recaps
- Assist with campaign reporting and other services
- Prepare and communicate all relevant briefs with external partners on upcoming and ongoing programs
- Partner closely with internal Optum teams such as communications and segment / capability marketing to foster deep partnerships, guiding in - market brand campaign and content initiatives, effectively leveraging media opportunities to enhance and expand the scope of core brand content initiatives
- Partner closely with internal brand partners to ensure clear communication and connections are made and appropriate flow of information and support through all internal and external channels
- Coordinate and participate in team meetings, quarterly company - wide meetings and more
- 5+ years of experience in advertising and / or media planning / buying
- Life - hacker. Looks for ways to improve everyday life in ingenious ways
- Exceptionally able to manage projects big to small, strategic to tactical
- Understanding of media channels and terminology, with an emphasis on digital
- Experience in managing and working with agency and / or media partners
- Ability to communicate with a full range of team members, from senior leaders to peers, to communicate media updates, plans and strategy
- Ability to set measurement criteria and ability to flex, adjust and optimize in order to hit campaign KPIs
- Ability to prioritize daily responsibilities, problem solve, and adapt to and embrace change.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel based on need - up to 25%
Preferred Qualifications:Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related field Experience in an agency environment - across functions such as media planning / buying, research, production of ad campaigns including both broadcast and digital Strong experience and understanding of digital platforms, digital content and optimization for new media B2B and B2C Marketing experience Experience in and knowledge of health care
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Media planner, advertising manager, broadcast, digital media, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota