At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wells Fargo Commercial Capital (WFCC) combines Wholesale’s secured lending businesses including Commercial Distribution Finance (CDF), Corporate Trust Services (CTS), Wells Fargo Capital Finance (WFCF) and Wells Fargo Equipment Finance (WFEF). This consolidated group of businesses helps customers leverage their company’s assets into flexible financing solutions. WFCC is a leading contributor to Wholesales revenue, assets, and net income.
Wells Fargo Capital Finance (WFCF) is one of the top lead arrangers of asset-based loans in the U.S. with a large and diversified portfolio of close to 2,400 customers and more than $33 billion in loans outstanding. WFCF offers traditional asset-based financing, specialized senior secured financing, accounts receivable financing, purchase order financing, and supply chain financing to a wide range of companies throughout the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.
Our Technology Finance team provides cash flow financing solutions for mid-market B2B and enterprise software companies. Leveraging a recurring revenue lending model, we can structure financings based on traditional EBITDA and leverage metrics as well as recurring revenue-based loans that provide flexibility for lower EBITDA profiles.
The Division Leader will report to Kurt Marsden. This leader will be responsible for the overall P&L for the division including business development, relationship management, as well as be accountable for credit, operational risk, and compliance performance.
Responsibilities will include:
- Generate strong business results in alignment with profitability goals, credit risk appetite, operational controls and overall Wells Fargo risk tolerance by providing overall vision, strategic direction and day to day leadership.
- Develop vision and plans to support the strategic direction of the business. Lead the development, planning and execution of business initiatives that drive business through the delivery of relationship strategies, product solutions and services to our customers.
- Support the business development team by calling on new prospects, assisting in structuring transactions, assuming funding coordinator responsibilities and actively engaging as a voting member of our Credit Committee.
- Build strong customer relationships, portfolio oversight and relationship servicing fundamentals with a focus on maintaining portfolio quality, portfolio profitability, and reducing undesired runoff.
- Emphasize proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite.
- Maintain conformity with all applicable risk programs (including credit and operational risk), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions.
- Build and maintain a diverse, energetic and highly performing team. Inspire, develop, and lead team members as well as hire, train, develop, and retain a diverse and exceptional workforce on nationwide basis. Support talent oriented initiatives such as diversity and inclusion and ongoing talent management.
- Drive business results through partnering with key stakeholders, leveraging collaborative teams across the Wholesale Bank, and ensuring accountability for goals and objectives.
- Communicate expectations and respond to complex product, operational and reputational risks of a large geographically dispersed business. Collaborate with key senior executives to anticipate and address customer needs.
- Remain visible across the WFCC platform by promoting human capital and other initiatives and sponsoring, leading or participating in special projects as appropriate.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 10+ years of management experience in the financial services industry
•10+ years of experience in cash flow lending, asset based lending, and/or capital markets
•5+ years of management experience, including managing people and customers across multiple geographies.
•Proven ability to communicate powerfully and prolifically, both internally and externally.
•Ability to build partnerships and create strategic alliances among diverse stakeholders.
•Demonstrated success in leading a business with credit, operational and reputational risk that remains in alignment with enterprise risk appetite.
•Demonstrated skill leading an ever changing work environment with a geographically dispersed workforce, matrixed organizational structure requiring a great need of collaboration.
•Proven success in identifying, developing, and motivating talent across business groups.
•Extensive experience demonstrating advanced strategic planning, facilitation and presentation skills.Disclaimer
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.