At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Legal Department supports the vision and values of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
This position is responsible for providing legal services to the institutional and international derivatives and fixed income trading businesses of Wells Fargo Bank and its affiliates, including Wells Fargo Securities, LLC. Also supports Wells Fargo’s sales and trading desks on matters involving the Commodity Exchange Act and other domestic and international laws pertaining to traded products and to exchange trading, clearing, margining, reporting and other requirements of financial reform initiatives. Will also work with attorneys supporting prime brokerage.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of legal experience with a major law firm, securities regulatory agency or in-house law department; including 3+ years of representing firms in capital markets and investment banking activities
- Active State Bar membership
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience practicing law with a law firm (preferred), with a federal regulatory agency or with a financial services firm, at least 3 of which involved significant experience in representing clients with respect to financially-settled derivative transactions and financing arrangements, including structured transactions
- Thorough knowledge of institutional credit and derivatives markets
- Significant knowledge and experience with U.S. and foreign laws, rules and regulations relevant to this area of practice, including banking laws
- Must also be familiar with bankruptcy laws pertaining to this area of practice, laws relating to secured transactions and creditors’ rights, and corporate compliance and governance matters
- Experience in drafting and negotiating ISDA agreements, credit support documents, confirmations, MRAs, GMRAs, MSFTAs and other transaction documents with a broad spectrum of domestic and foreign customers, including hedge funds, pension plans, insurance companies, banks, and large corporates
- Experience with regulatory matters involving agencies and authorities, including the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and prudential regulatory authorities
- Experience with domestic and foreign rules and requirements relating to netting and enforceability of collateral
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
IL-Chicago: 10 S Wacker Drive - Chicago, IL
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.