At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Law Department supports the vision and values of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
The successful candidate for this position will serve as a legal advisor in the Structured Products & Corporate Trust Services Section of the General Commercial & Securities Division of the Law Department, providing support to the Asset Backed Finance line of business and certain other lines of business in the context of subscription finance transactions. The types of transactions within coverage primarily include subscription finance transactions and other structured transactions.
Specific responsibilities include (i) providing substantive legal advice on a variety of laws and regulations relative to Wells Fargo's subscription finance activities; (ii) working directly with business clients and developing an in depth understanding of business unit activities and products; (iii) identifying and analyzing complex legal issues, developing conclusions and making recommendations for issue resolution; (iv) drafting and negotiating complex legal documents; (v) reviewing and negotiating transaction documents prepared by outside counsel, including contractual arrangements for complex asset securitization and financing transactions; (vi) engaging and managing outside counsel; (vii) assisting with internal and external examinations and investigations as well as bankruptcy and litigation proceedings; (viii) providing guidance to other support partners (i.e., compliance, credit, operations) and enterprise/wholesale groups related to matters associated with structured transactions; and (ix) following and ensuring consistent application of Law Department policies and procedures to manage Wells Fargo's legal matters, outside counsel and legal expenses.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of legal experience with a major law firm, securities regulatory agency or in-house law department; including 5+ years of representing firms in capital markets and investment banking activities; or 6+ years of experience with a major law firm and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following areas: risk, compliance, contracts, government/regulatory, financial services, or technology, including 5+ years of representing firms in capital markets and investment banking activities
- Active State Bar membership
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of subscription finance and the related regulatory environment
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.