At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
This position is within the Wells Fargo Securities (WFS) Customer Due Diligence (CDD) Onboarding Team. The individual will be responsible for assisting with development of consistent AML, Compliance, and Operational Risk analysis and the management of select technology risk for multiple lines of business. Specifically this role will be responsible for performing CIP verification, reviewing Customer Due Diligence, and collecting Enhanced Due Diligence for higher risk clients in support of the Bank Secrecy Act (“BSA”) and the WFS Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”) program while ensuring the process complies with relevant regulations and corporate policies. Individual functions responsibilities will include:
- Understanding core AML / BSA risk and incorporating best practices.
- Reviewing and validating customer information to ensure adherence to Customer Identification Program (CIP), Customer Due Diligence (CDD), and understanding Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) requirements.
- Providing AML guidance and escalation to LOB stakeholders for complex accounts and relationships.
- Coordinating and managing day-to-day evaluation of AML risks throughout customer lifecycle process.
- Driving consistency of AML operational practices and procedures
- Updating procedures related to BSA / AML program.
- Documenting process improvements and creating / managing action plans.
- Leading change initiatives which promote overall process efficiency and effectiveness, including changes to operating processes, procedures, and systems.
- Supporting the implementation and monitoring of a risk-based compliance program to assure compliance with federal, state, legal, and regulatory requirements.
- Participating in projects and initiatives to identify, assess, and mitigate BSA/AML risk in business activities.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 4+ years of capital markets industry experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of loan, securities, and derivative products
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience in capital market industry specifically in KYC, operational risk management processes and/or compliance and/or audit programs (preferably in anti-money laundering).
- Familiarity with requirements of BSA / AML programs, including all aspects of CIP / CDD/EDD.
- Experience identifying and driving process improvements in complex, institutional banking environment.
- Understanding of key operational risk components, including experience driving consistency and quality across all aspects of a risk function.
- Ability to understand and work with data, including creating alignment among various data sources, developing trends, and creating risk-based analytics from multiple information sources.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills, including the ability to negotiate with numerous parties and reach agreeable solutions.
- Prior success in working and communicating with senior level executives.
- Proven ability and experience in being able to look at the big picture across a risk program and implement successful strategy and solutions.
- Ability to adapt to changing and competing priorities.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and adherence to strict deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and successfully work on several unrelated projects at the same time.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and experience in articulation of risks both verbally and in writing to various levels of staff and management.
- Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and deliver results quickly.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.