At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
The Securities Operations & Accounting group (SOA) in Enterprise Finance is responsible for the settlement, clearing, custody, accounting and regulatory reporting for securities within the available-for-sale and held-to-maturity investment portfolios, as well as the Wells Fargo funding products (debt) and equities. SOA is responsible for the maintenance, control and data integrity of the related accounting systems of record.
This Middle Office role will primarily support Wells Fargo debt issuance funding desk. This group issues and manages Wells Fargo third party debt and funding of all Wells Fargo subsidiaries. Debt can be issued in a variety of currencies and the interest rate and Fx may be managed with derivatives. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the debt markets, US and international settlements, banking rules, and experience with derivative.
This team member will provide operational support for trade entry, settlement, general ledger, and cash reconcilement. This team member will work closely with stakeholders and manager to support the trade processing and foreign/domestic cash flows. This role will be have primary responsibility for coordination, cash mapping and funding flows to the ultimate Wells Fargo subsidiary fund user. This team member will also be required to perform additional duties in support of the funding team as it pertains to system and workflow enhancements and projects. The team member may also supervise other capital markets middle office analyst(s) and will be the primary point of contact for other stakeholders.
This role requires knowledge of debt issuance, pricing protocol, USD and Fx cash operations.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of capital markets industry experience
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Ability to lead projects/initiatives with high risk and complexity
- Client service focus with the ability to listen to customer needs and recommend solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services or treasury function operations
- Knowledge and understanding of international securities settlement processing
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Supervisory experience
- Experience providing support to a capital markets or complex operations organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of loan, securities, and derivative products
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- 5+ years securities operations experience, preferably with a concentration in domestic and foreign funding
- Basic understanding of accounting, revaluations, and market conventions on foreign currency assets and transactions
- Working knowledge of Wall Street, SWIFT processing, and Oracle G/L
MN-Minneapolis: 550 South 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.