At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, support and P&L generation/attribution/explanation for the High Yield, Investment-grade, Par loan/Distressed and CDS trading desks; saving and maintaining market data, trade capture, daily risk reporting; participation in user acceptance testing and working group conference calls for internal and industry initiatives, along with developing and maintaining operational procedures. Candidate will be expected to cross-train for support across asset classes and must possess the ability to understand and explain P&L attribution to the trading desk and Risk Management, and will also work with our payments, documentation, and finance groups for any necessary reconciliations and inquiries.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 3+ years of capital markets industry experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of loan, securities, and derivative products
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Intermediate Microsoft Access skills
- 4+ years of relevant experience in a direct trade-support role, inclusive of risk and P&L generation, attribution, and explanation
- Candidate should demonstrate a clear understanding of P&L attribution along with the risk measures and sensitivities representative of derivative pricing
- Understanding of bond pricing, credit curves, credit events, default risk, risk factors, and Greek-based risk reporting
- Familiarity with and understanding of current industry regulations and requirements such as FINRA TRACE reporting, Dodd-Frank, and Volcker requirements for P&L reporting and attribution
- Proficiency using Excel and the ability to understand formulas, pivot tables, etc.; intermediate-level experience at minimum
- Background in finance or economics preferable
- Relevant systems, applications, and vendors used include Bloomberg TOMS, Broadridge BPS and Impact, Calypso, IceLink, DTCC/DerivSERV, MarkIT Partners, Kraken, BondDesk, MarketAxess, and Catalyst/MATS (Multi-Asset Trading System). Familiarity and knowledge around MS Access databases is a plus.
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.