At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Wels Fargo Securities Operations:
This position is a Capital Markets Self Inspection Program Manager in the Process Review and Enhancement (PRE) team. The successful candidate will utilize his or her knowledge of and experience in Capital Markets Operations products and processes to drive a strategic program for control assessments and testing, covering the various teams and asset classes within Wells Fargo Securities (WFS) Operations. The individual will manage a program covering the trade lifecycle that effectively evaluates controls, identifies gaps and measures the effectiveness of the controls in mitigating operational risk. The role will collaborate with Operations team members and business partners to recommend solutions for the remediation of control gaps across the platform, while capturing and escalating top risks within WFS Operations. The individual will also leverage Capital Markets Operations experience to work with line teams and across the PRE Program to document standards for best practices, in support of the control framework. The individual will work with Operational Risk at various levels in the organization, including WFS Operational Risk to drive out consistent practices. This individual will influence the organization on behalf of the PRE Program to ensure that prioritization and decision making are made with transparent risk and control information, in line with feedback and perspectives from Operations leaders and other business partners. The role may extend into activities surrounding training, change management and Risk and Control Self Assessment (RCSA). Past experience leading dialogues with regulatory agencies on behalf of a Swap Dealer, Broker Dealer, Futures Commission Merchant, Municipal Dealer and/or Prime Broker are also needed, in order to anticipate the needs and queries of examiners and auditors. Experience leading successful, large-scale programs across multiple disciplines is required.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading a team of analysts responsible for executing control assessments and testing across WFS Operations. Perform ad-hoc control analysis for teams as required
- Understanding risks and control gaps across the platform and identifying trends. This requires a working knowledge of processes and products across Capital Markets Operations
- Recommending best practice and control remediation for Capital Markets products, process and external risks, including enhancements to existing or new controls to further mitigate risk
- Partnering with senior business leaders to evaluate the control environment
- Issuing report outs with analyses of the current control environment. Developing and producing reporting and presentations for senior management that clearly illustrate the current state of risks and controls in the department, as well as the potential cost and/or opportunity for remediation
- Serving as a control consultant for the operations team as issues arise or new processes are implemented
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 3+ years of risk management experience
- 7+ years of capital markets industry experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- Extensive math skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- The candidate should possess 10+ years of Capital Markets Operations experience, 5+ years of management experience and 3+ years either in a Risk organization (Audit, Compliance, Operational Risk) or responsible for managing operational risk processes within a Capital Markets Operations organization. This experience should include the identification and assessment of controls and a solid understanding of the trade life cycle across multiple asset classes.
- Candidates must have a four year college degree in Business, Finance or Economics. Strong candidates will possess superior verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Individual should be proficient in the controls required to effectively mitigate risk in capital markets operations, as well as relevant regulatory rules and requirements.
- Candidate should be a strategic problem solver with the ability to work effectively in a demanding, fast-paced, dynamic environment, handling multiple tasks and projects concurrently, while maintaining the highest standard of excellence.
- Candidate must have ability to influence and negotiate effectively at all levels, challenging the status quo while maintaining relationships with business partners.
- Series 7 AND/OR Series 99
- Proven ability in the testing and assessment of controls
- Experience implementing risk management programs
- Proven success recruiting and developing a talented team
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project and SharePoint skills
- Working knowledge of Capital Market Operations’ systems of record (Broadridge, GMI, Calypso, etc.)
- Very organized with the ability to self-prioritize workload
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Commitment and loyalty to the brand
- Attention to detail
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.