Capital Markets Technology Summer Analyst Program
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Capital Markets Technology, a division of Enterprise Information Technology is comprised of nearly 1,900 full time team members and managed resources that work in close partnerships with Capital Markets and Foreign Exchange (FX) business lines in order to support the sales and trading of securities, FX and investment banking solutions. Capital Markets Technology teams design, implement, evolve, integrate and support a very diverse set of technologies, which provide a wide range of functionality across our Capital Markets businesses including fixed income bond sales & trading, equity sales & trading, fixed income & equity derivatives sales & trading, commodities sales & trading, prime brokerage, futures commission merchant (FCM), investment solutions, asset backed finance, research, principal investing and FX.
Capital Markets Technology strives to achieve the right blend of vertical and horizontal solutions for the Capital Markets lines of business to either support broad based initiatives like electronic trading of capital markets products or Dodd-Frank regulatory initiatives including, clearing of derivatives and futures or to support line of business specific objectives like trade capture, trade life-cycle, and position and risk management.
Our Summer Analyst Program provides the opportunity to gain exposure and experience working for one of the most well regarded financial institutions in the world; learn about our businesses and the many careers and professional development opportunities within Capital Markets Technology; expand personal and professional networks; incorporate knowledge gained in school while learning new skills and interview for future career opportunities at Wells Fargo.
The Capital Markets Summer Analyst Program will start June 2019. The duration of the program is approximately 10 weeks. The program will contain one week of Financial Services and Capital Markets based training and learning programs. Summer Analyst opportunities are primarily available in Charlotte (NC) with limited internships in New York (NY), North Brunswick (NJ) and San Francisco (CA).
In addition to performing the responsibilities outlined below, candidates will participate in a Wells Fargo orientation, product-based training and ongoing coaching and development.
Capital Markets Technology designs, develops, and supports technology needs for our Sales and Trading, and Investment Banking activities. This technology support is fundamental to managing risk, growing revenues, scaling our businesses, improving operational efficiency, and enabling the Capital Markets business to provide exceptional services to its clients. The summer analyst program affords the opportunity to gain exposure to:
- Analysis, design and development
- Production support
What will I learn?
- Overview of Wells Fargo and fundamentals of the Capital Markets organization
- Business leader insight into the complex and challenging capital markets businesses at Wells Fargo
- Analysis, communication, time management, feedback, leadership, and conflict resolution skills
- Direct instruction from Capital Markets Technology experts on advanced systems, applications and technologies
- Working as a team member on a small to medium sized team of technology experts
- Interacting daily with internal Capital Markets Technology clients
- Participate in the design, development, integration, testing, deployment and support of technology solutions to complex and challenging capital markets business requirements in a variety of domains including risk management, analytics, low latency electronic trading, trading / pricing algorithms, grid computing and trade life cycle management
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Visit www.wellsfargojobs.com/early-careers for more information.
Wells Fargo will not sponsor visas for these positions, and will not hire individuals whose work eligibility is based on their F-1 or other student visa status. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis.Other Desired Qualifications
- Enrolled in a Bachelors program with a graduation date between December 2019 and spring 2020
- Working toward an undergraduate degree in in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and desire to pursue a career in delivering technology solutions to business problems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong technical, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to learn from and interact with a diverse set of team members in a very fast paced and dynamic environment
- Proactive approach to work with a desire to learn breadth and depth of businesses and technologies
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.