At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Responsible for supporting internal and external customers by providing moderately complex to complex support services in account management, operations, documentation, customer service and technical support. Primary function will be to remediate customer accounts that have returned mail by analyzing root cause, liasioning with sales staff and other internal teams to resolve.
Additional duties may include: Identifies, researches and resolves problems in a timely fashion following established guidelines. Reconciles reports and distributions and maintains differentiating, processing and reconciling transactions: resolving customer inquiries; revising departmental procedures; coordinates situations that involve other departments: cover over flow from other desks in the department as needed. Has extensive internal/external customer contact: Work under moderate to minimal supervision.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 1+ year of office experience
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Solid problem solving skills
- Superior customer services skills
- 5+ years of Brokerage Custody experience
- Tax or Cost Basis experience
- Broadridge, Bloomber, Impact
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.