At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Client Aligned Corporate Action Team is responsible for the timely and accurate allocation of funds and securities on mandatory and voluntary corporate events for the Prime Services Department. This position, as a part of a team, is responsible for managing and controlling high levels of risk and liability inherent in the corporate event process. We must provide outstanding service and create an environment that maintains its focus on serving our clients while constantly looking for ways to improve efficiency. The group processes corporate actions, including name changes, forward splits, cash and stock mergers, tenders, merger elections, Dutch tenders, rights exercises, conversions, redemption's, P&I/dividend payments, etc. We work with external custodians to process allocations from our custodians to our clients.
Other duties include the managing of communications with clients involving all corporate events including mandatory and voluntary offers, annual reports and proxies. This particular role centers around providing a Customer Service layer on top of the Corporate Actions team that will be responsible for communication with Prime Service Account Executives and clients on a daily basis. The ideal candidate must be a subject matter expert in the corporate actions space and have experience with handling Prime Service clients. Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following, and adhering to and if applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements. Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. In addition state registration, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards. Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA review process at the time of offer acceptance.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 4+ years of capital markets industry experience; or 4+ years of military experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of loan, securities, and derivative products
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- 8 years Investment Operations experience with at least 5 years of Corporate Actions experience in a Financial Services firm with a focus on servicing a Prime Services business.
- Solid understanding of U.S. and International, equity and interest rate markets.
- Ability to review and understand ISDA Master and Credit Support Annex agreements.
- A quick learner, comfortable with and able to manage complex trading systems and environments. Strong customer orientation, internal and external, with a commitment to quality, accuracy and efficiency.
- Strong understanding of the terms and conditions of mandatory and voluntary offers and the process of communicating these to clients and internal interested parties (Subject Matter Expert) • Detailed working knowledge of Broadridge (XSP Corporate Actions System a PLUS)
- Familiarity US domestic & international securities processing • Familiar with the regulatory environment and maintaining strong controls
- Experience working with custodians, depositories, agents and brokers to ensure timely and accurate processing of events to client accounts and to appropriately manage risk
- Series 7 or 99 required - or ability to obtain within 90 days of start
- Demonstrated ability to work with clients on a daily basis
- Strong industry working relationships • Comprehensive financial products knowledge
- MIS presentation and report writing experience •
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and on project work
- Confidence to deal with both external and internal clients
- Strong analytical, organizational and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Customer service focus with experience actively listening, eliciting information, comprehending customer issues/needs, and recommending solutions
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of cash (domestic and international and physical securities (DTC) settlements) • Solid knowledge and understanding of US, equity, and interest rate markets
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills • Ability to review and understand ISDA Master and Credit Support Annex agreements
- Ability to learn and assimilate information from multiple people and sources
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.