At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Use of this job is restricted to Wells Fargo Securities Operations. First level managers within Capital Markets Operations will support the lifecycle of Institutional trading, while managing a group in one of the following functions; client account onboarding, cash payments, customer service, funding operations, custodial operations, securities settlement services, structured loan operations, general ledger reconciliation as well as work to resolve confirmation and ISDA related issues.
- The individual will collaborate with all business partners, including Front Office Sales and Trading, Market Risk, Technology, Compliance, Finance, Regulatory, Operational Risk to represent Operations needs to the broader organization.
- The individual will develop initiatives that create efficiencies and reduce risk for processes owned by their team.
- The manager will primarily have a staff of analysts at levels 1-4. However, this role could be held by an individual contributor who is considered a subject matter expert.
- The individual is responsible for resolving complex issues and processes involving their team and other teams inside and outside of WFS Operations.
- Mentor and develop team members on a daily basis.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of capital markets industry experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of all capital markets products, industry trends, regulatory changes, and industry-wide best practices
- Leadership skills including the ability to lead projects/initiatives with high risk and complexity
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.