At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
This position is an Assessment Manager on the Process Review and Enhancement (PRE) team in Wells Fargo Securities (WFS) Operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for executing a well-defined control assessment program for the Middle Office and OTC Derivatives Settlement, Confirmations and Collateral Operations teams. The individual will collaborate with the business units to assess and effectively evaluate the design and performance of existing controls, identify control gaps and measure the effectiveness of controls in managing operational risk. The individual will work with Operational Risk at various levels in the organization, including WFS Operational Risk to drive out consistent practices.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Executing assessments at a detailed control level
- Issuing report outs with analyses of the current control environment
- Making recommendations for enhancements to existing or new controls to further mitigate risk
- Partnering with senior business leaders to rate the control environment
- Summarizing key operational risk and control data elements for the Operations team
- Serving as a control consultant for the Operations team as issues arise or new processes are implemented
- Performing ad-hoc control analysis for other WFS Operations teams as required.
The candidate should possess 10+ years of experience in Capital Markets Operations, including 5+ years in Middle Office, Collateral and/or Derivative Settlements/Confirmations and 2+ years either in a Risk organization (Audit, Compliance, Operational Risk) or responsible for managing operational risk for processes within a Capital Markets Operations organization. This experience should include the identification and assessment of controls. Candidates must have a four year college degree in Business, Finance or Economics. Strong candidates will possess superior verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail. Candidate should be proficient in the controls required to effectively mitigate risk in Middle Office, Collateral and/or Derivative Settlements/Confirmations. Candidate should be able to work effectively in a demanding, fast-paced, dynamic environment, handling multiple tasks and projects concurrently, while maintaining the highest standard of excellence.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 5+ years of capital markets industry experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of all capital markets products, industry trends, regulatory changes, and industry-wide best practices
- Leadership skills including the ability to lead projects/initiatives with high risk and complexity
- FINRA registration including Series 7 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Proven ability in the testing and assessment of controls
- Understanding of the regulations impacting the LOB
- Experience implementing control and risk management programs
- Ability to influence management at all levels
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and SharePoint skills
- Very organized with the ability to self-prioritize workload
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Commitment and loyalty to the brand
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.