About the Organization
Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our six hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 11,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; and Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing & Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, & we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make the HealthPlex one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health’s commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives.
for communicating educational information to all clinical staff members in a timely and appropriate manner. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- 2 years Registered Nurse experience required
- Strong interest in Cardiology preferred
- Basic knowledge of cardiac medications
- Strong phone triage skills
- Willingness to learn Coumadin (PT/INR) monitoring
- Promptness in procedure scheduling
- Ability to be flexible in day-to-day needs which is driven by patient priorities and needs
- Supports the Practice Director with the day to day operations of the physician practice
- Manage staffing, monitor progress of daily assignments of clinical, clerical and billing staff
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) with patients, providers and other departments
- Coordinate the initial training of new personnel
- Oversees ordering of supplies for the practice
- Participates in the implementation and support of EMR in the practice
- Implements and integrates established corporate guidelines and policies throughout the practices
- Monitors practice overhead