DescriptionThe Care Coach 1 assesses and evaluates member's needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. The Care Coach 1 work assignments are often straightforward and of moderate complexity.
The Care Coach visits Medicaid members in their homes, Assisted Living Facilities, and/or Long Term Care Facilities – 75-90% local travel.
- Work with identified members to assess their care needs.
- Assist in planning and implementing interventions to meet those needs.
- Assist in coordinating services, and monitoring and evaluating the case management plan against the member's personal goals.
Care Coaches shall meet one of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Registered Nurse (RN), licensed in the state of Florida with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), licensed in the state of Florida, with at least 4 years of relevant experience.
- Six years of professional human services experience.
Care Coaches shall meet all of the following qualifications:
- This role is part of Humana’s Driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver’s license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100,000/300,000/100,000 limits.
- Must have a separate room with a locked door that can be used as a home office, to ensure you and your patients have absolute and continuous privacy while you work.
- Must have accessibility to high speed DSL or Cable modem for a home office (No Satellite).
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- This role is considered patient facing and is a part of Humana's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
- AHCA Fingerprint Required.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Gerontology or related field OR Licensed Practice Nurse.
- 701B Certification.
- Medication application (RFA) experience.
- Prior experience with Medicare & Medicaid recipients.
- Prior nursing home diversion or long term care case management experience.
- Road Warrior who enjoys traveling long distances.
- Previous experience with electronic case note documentation and experience with documenting in multiple computer applications/systems.
- Experience working with geriatric population.
- Experience with health promotion, coaching and wellness.
- Knowledge of community health and social service agencies and additional community resources.
- Bilingual a plus.
As part of our hiring process, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology provided by Montage, a third-party vendor. This technology provides our team of recruiters and hiring managers an enhanced method for decision-making.
If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you will receive correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Voice Interview and/or an SMS Text Messaging interview. If participating in a pre-recorded interview, you will respond to a set of interview questions via your phone. You should anticipate this interview to take approximately 10-15 minutes.
If participating in a SMS Text interview, you will be asked a series of questions to which you will be using your cell phone to answer the questions provided. Expect this type of interview to last anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Your recorded interview(s) via text and/or pre-recorded voice will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40