DescriptionThe Supervisor, Care Coaching assesses and evaluates member's needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. The Supervisor, Care Coaching works within thorough, prescribed guidelines and procedures; uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors to solve basic problems; collaborates with management and top professionals/specialists in selection of methods, techniques, and analytical approach.
The Care Coach Supervisor for Region 10 ( Broward County, FL ) hires, leads, and develops clinical and non- clinical professional associates. You will oversee the daily, onsite, and medical management activities of a team of Care Coaches. You will collaborate with health care givers in reviewing actual and proposed medical care and services against established guidelines.
As a Care Coach Supervisor you will:
- Report trends.
- Develop system-view recommendations.
- Implement appropriate actions to control trend.
- Create and conducts provider outreach initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Recommend services for Humana Plan members utilizing care alternatives available within the community and nationally.
- Recommend alternatives if appropriate using your knowledge of clinical protocols.
- Identify members for specific case management and / or disease management activities.
- Monitor case management activities, post-discharge calls, discharge planning and pre-assessment of elective admissions.
- Requires 25% travel, the rest will be work from home.
The Care Coach Supervisor shall meet one of the following qualifications:
- Master's Degree in human services, social sciences, or health related field with at least 2 years of case management experience with at least 1 year focused on elderly or disabled population.
- Bachelor's Degree in a health related field with at least 5 years of case management experience with at least 1 year focused on the elderly or disabled population.
- 9 years of professional human service experience with a minimum of 5 years of case management experience with at least 1 year focused on the elderly or disabled population.
The Care Coach Supervisor shall meet all of the following qualifications:
- Bilingual - English, Spanish - Must be able to speak, read and write in both languages without limitations or assistance.
- All Registered Nurses (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurses(LPN) must be licensed in the state of Florida without restrictions.
- This role is part of Humana’s Driver safety program and therefore requires an individual to have a valid state driver’s license and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least 100,000/300,000/100,000 limits.
- Must have a separate room with a locked door that can be used as a home office to ensure you and your patients have absolute and continuous privacy while you work.
- Must have accessibility to high speed DSL or Cable modem for a home office (No Satellite).
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- This role is considered patient facing and is a part of Humana's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
- AHCA Fingerprint Required.
- Previous leadership experience.
- BSN or Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Health Plan experience.
- Previous Medicare/Medicaid Experience a plus.
- Call center or triage experience.
- Previous experience in utilization management, discharge planning and/or home health or rehab.
- Prior nursing home diversion or long term care case management experience.
- Experience with health promotion, coaching and wellness.
- Experience working with the geriatric population.
As part of our hiring process, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology provided by Montage, a third-party vendor. This technology provides our team of recruiters and hiring managers an enhanced method for decision-making.
If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you will receive correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Voice Interview and/or an SMS Text Messaging interview. If participating in a pre-recorded interview, you will respond to a set of interview questions via your phone. You should anticipate this interview to take approximately 10-15 minutes.
If participating in a SMS Text interview, you will be asked a series of questions to which you will be using your cell phone to answer the questions provided. Expect this type of interview to last anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Your recorded interview(s) via text and/or pre-recorded voice will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40