Department:OH1AC_64600_000 Advanced Care Model
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
Our colleagues are proud to go the extra mile. This dedication to doing what’s right – and working together to make it all happen for our patients – is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. Our Clinical Support teams ensure that success every day, and Mount Carmel ensures they have the resources and opportunities to succeed.
Our Care Coordinator Registered Nurse is responsible for the coordination of medical care in an out-patient care setting provided to high risk patients of Mount Carmel Health Partners physicians. The RN clinical integration team supports appropriate ambulatory transition of care which includes discharge planning from acute and skilled nursing facilities. The position also provides systematic identification of gaps of care, care management needs of high risk patients identified by various health plans to support improving care delivery to these patients for the purposes of enhancing quality of care and the overall organizational quality performance objectives.
- Conducts needs assessment to plan and develop projects, coordinates and monitors project materials for support services/staff, develops timelines and educational materials for support services/staff, develops timelines and educational materials for patients, physicians and staff.
- Completes a ‘post discharge’ call to all identified commercial membership to facilitate and oversee discharge planning needs.
- Act as the community resource expert for the Mount Carmel Healthcare centers for our high risk members, including transition of life/hospice resources, direct acute admits and home health/infusion needs.
- Associates degree from an accredited RN program
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio
- 2-4 years of clinical nursing experience preferred with at least 2 years' experience in utilization review, discharge planning, case management, disease management or medical social work experience required. Nursing experience working with high-risk patients beneficial.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.