Job ID 34675
Position Location US-VA-Newport News
Facility Name Newport News Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Job Category Admissions
Position Status FT (Full Time)
*Great Opportunity in Newport News, VA*
Purpose of Your Job Position
As a Consulate Health Care - Care Liaison/Nurse Liaison, you are entrusted with the responsibility of caring for our residents, families, co-workers, visitors and all others; as well as demonstrating in all interactions, Consulate Health Care’s five core values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. The primary purpose of your job position is to manage the facility census by opening and maintaining the accounts with insurers, community organizations and hospitals, which generate patient referrals and admissions.You are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate and coordinate admissions for multiple care centers with appropriate center staff. Maintain effective communication with company personnel, as assigned.
- Achieve facilities census goals and annual budget projections through on site visits at the hospital to promote physician and patient education and referral conversions to admissions.
- Act as the liaison between the company and the community we serve.
- Notify Regional Director of Business Development for denial requests of any patient.
- Create and manage a fluid target list of contacts and decision makers in assigned hospitals and community. Develop relationships, provide excellent customer service and educate referral sources on services provided by Consulate.
- Problem-solve service issues with tact and resourcefulness. Demonstrate positive referrer satisfaction and account retention.
- Complete pre-admission assessments and appropriately assign admission for centers with communication and confirmation of availability and proper equipment/services addressed with nursing designee, admissions personnel, or Executive Director. Begin process of pre admit Medicaid questionnaire form where applicable to consider financial issues as well as discharge disposition of patient. Collect and or arrange for delivery of hard scripts where necessary, PASRR, and pre admit insurance authorization/notification where necessary. Foster teamwork throughout entire process.
- Educate potential patients and families on sub acute rehabilitation expectations utilizing therapy outcomes, Quality Measures, including but not limited to the following: Physician/Nursing/Therapy Services, pharmacy services/expectations, discharge management, Return to Hospital process, in house programing and services available (i.e. x ray, laboratory services, beautician, etc.), and the benefits of programs and the option of LTC where appropriate.
- Develop strategies to maximize admissions including daily contact with potential referral sources including but not limited to hospitals, physicians, insurers, case management companies and health care agencies. Grow market share in core business lines in assigned hospitals.
- Recommend through Regional Director of Business Development changes to schedule that enhance the efficiency and volume of admissions, including program expansion, to assigned hospitals.
- Maintain knowledge of current regulations governing Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance company reimbursement.
- Collect appropriate data, prepares and submits required reports/logs to Regional Director of Business Development as assigned.
- Attend and participates in weekly admissions/operations meetings, conference calls, as assigned by Regional Director of Business Development.
- Continually strives to improve and develop the Nurse/Care Liaison program, regularly identifying improvements and suggests changes as needed. Supports team members in the field.
- Work with local community agencies to generate a positive image and encourage referral activities.
- Participate in industry trade shows and business development activities, as assigned.
- Conduct admission screening of potential patients, determine level of care, services required, equipment needs and insurance coverage, as indicated. Ensures appropriate clinical acceptance in a timely manner.
- Decide acceptance of patients and coordinates admissions with appropriate staff.
- Promote Consulate Health Care and participates in contract closings and price negotiations with insurance companies, as assigned.
- Daily follow up of Consulate patients returned to the hospital with communication to the Director of Clinical Services regarding admission to acute care setting and next steps. Any customer service issues are documented and provided to Executive Director and a copy to the Regional Director of Business Development.
- Participate in the facility quality improvement process by identifying customer service issues and reporting these issues to the Executive Director and Regional Director of Business Development.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities as approved by Regional Director of Business Development.
- Adhere to all Consulate Health Care Policies and Procedures, and participates in safety, quality improvement and infection control programs as assigned.
- Embrace Consulate Health Care’s five core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect and passion, and incorporate them into the daily job function.
- Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
- Conduct oneself with the highest degree of honesty and integrity in every interaction.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interactions with co-workers, residents, families and visitors.
- Must be knowledgeable in duties and responsibilities of Business Development Coordinator and my be assigned duties as needed.
- Participate in weekend on-call/work schedule as assigned.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Secondary Education Degree required.
- Nursing degree preferred.
- Current state license, as appropriate.
- Three (3) years experience in business development.
- Managed care/insurance preferred.
- Experience with public and commercial payers sources preferred.
- Experience working independently.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients