Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
Care Manager Assistant (CMA) on the Health and Wellness Clinical Support Team
(HAWCST) supports Advanced Practice Clinicians (APCs) and Nurse Care Managers
(NCMs) in the Complex Care Management businesses by providing daily administrative
support. This allows the APC and NCM to focus on caring for the members.
The CMA will report directly to the
Supervisor of Clinical Operations of HAWCST.
The CMA provides administrative support to both members and healthcare
providers. The CMA works to ensure members receive quality customer service and
supports the APC and NCM by entering, processing and tracking the medical needs
of the members.
Answers incoming calls from patients, physicians, health plans, DME companies, hospitals, and forwards calls as needed to the appropriate person
Retrieves and responds to voicemail messages, triaging as need
Accesses health plan portals to verify benefit eligibility / benefits for patients and seeks additional information as necessary
Obtains medical records when requested by a provider
- Enters and uploads HEDIS results into the EMR
- Uploads Informed Consent, ROI, POA, and other documents as necessary into EMR
- Manages internal health plan mailboxes / task boxes in the EMR
- Participates in and contributes to staff meetings and other staff development opportunities and interdepartmental work groups
- Provides cross - coverage support across the team support and assists with special projects, as needed
- Works with Supervisor to identify system improvements that could be made to drive operational advancements and efficiencies
- Assumes other duties as assigned by Supervisor
School Diploma / GED or higher
years experience utilizing medical terminology in a professional work setting
- Ability to create, modify and edit documents in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to type 30+ words per minute
- Medical Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant, or Unit Clerk experience
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and human anatomy
- Experience in call center customer service
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Administrative support, healthcare providers, customer service, Columbia, MD