DescriptionThe Care Manager, Telephonic Nurse 2 , in a telephonic environment, assesses and evaluates members' needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members. The Care Manager, Telephonic Nurse 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Care Manager, Telephonic Nurse 2 employs a variety of strategies, approaches and techniques to manage a member's physical, environmental and psycho-social health issues. Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective care. Ensures patient is progressing towards desired outcomes by continuously monitoring patient care through assessments and/or evaluations. May create member care plans. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Registered Nurse license in the state of Florida and ability to obtain multiple state licenses without restrictions
- Must be willing Monday-through Friday 10:30 AM - 7:00 PM, and as business needs.
- Case Management Experience
- Clinical experience in adult acute care environment
- Must have a separate room with a locked door that can be used as a home office to ensure you and your patients have absolute and continuous privacy while you work
- Must have accessibility to hardwired high speed internet with minimum speeds of 10Mx1M for a home office (Wireless and Satellite are prohibited)
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to read, write and speak proficiently in both English and Spanish. Language Proficiency Assessment is required to be completed.
Additional Requirements if role requires field visits, patient facing:
Possession of a valid driver's license and access to an automobile
If the position is considered patient facing and is a part of Humana's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB.
AHCA Fingerprint Required
- Located in Broward, Dade, Miami Dade, S. Palm Beach County Florida or willingness to relocate at your own expense.
- Prior experience with Medicare & Medicaid recipients
- 1 year Case Management Experience
- 3 years Acute Care Experience
- Certified Case Manager
- Prior nursing home diversion or long term care case management experience
- Previous experience with electronic case note documentation and experience with documenting in multiple computer applications/systems
- Experience working with geriatric population
- Experience with health promotion, coaching and wellness
- Knowledge of community health and social service agencies and additional community resources
Interview Format As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Montage Voice to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Montage Voice allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information from you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence (please be sure to check your spam or junk folders often to ensure communication isn’t missed) inviting you to participate in a Montage Voice interview. In this interview, you will listen to a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 to 30 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.Humana is an organization with careers that change lives—including yours. As an innovator in the fast-paced industry of healthcare, we offer our associates careers that challenge, support and inspire them to use their passion for helping others and to lead their best lives. If you’re ready to help people achieve lifelong well-being, and be a part of an organization that is growing and poised to make an impact on the future of healthcare, Humana has the right opportunity for you.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40