Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
If you are located in the Pittsburgh area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges. You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance.
There are several steps in our hiring process. Please make sure that you have filled out all required sections of your employment application. Once you submit your completed application, you will receive an e-mail with information regarding next steps including any pre-employment assessment(s) that are required. Both your application and any required assessment(s) need to be completed before we can consider you for employment so the sooner you complete these two steps, the sooner you will hear from us. To learn more, go to: http://uhg.hr/OurApplicationProcess
Our customer service teams have a serious responsibility to make every contact informative, productive, positive, and memorable for what it says about how much we care. As a Care Navigator, you will be responsible for the following accountabilities and expectations:
- Handle outbound / inbound member calls
- Schedule provider appointments
- Enroll of new patients into systems
- Measure performance and quality to established team metrics
- Resolve customer service inquiries
- Provide excellent customer service to both providers and enrollees; as well as public sectors
- Meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards while maintaining good attendance consistently
- Member engagement
- Maintain confidential health information according to state and federal regulations including
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- At least one year of call center and / or telephonic customer service experience; or experience in an office setting using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform the job duties
- Experience using Microsoft Word (edit, create & save documents), Microsoft Excel (sorting & filtering data), and Microsoft Outlook (email, folders, attachments and calendaring)
- Must be available to work Monday – Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm local time
- Must have capability and meet telecommuting requirements in order to work from home
- Healthcare or insurance benefits experience
- Social work or community outreach experience
- Bilingual English and Spanish
- Previous experience as a telecommuter
- Medicaid and / or Medicare experience
- Reside within a commutable distance to Pittsburgh
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas
- Required to have a work area in a section of the residence that provides information privacy
- Required to keep all Company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: customer service, call center, community, resources, outbound calls, inbound calls, CHW, telecommute, Tennessee, Medicaid, members, high risk
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.