Primary Location: United States-WV-WVFollansbee
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
REM Community Options
Come join REM Community Options in the very important work we do supporting individuals with intellectual disabilities, brain injury and emotional, behavioral or medical complexities. Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve.
As a Direct Support Professional (Caregiver), you'll carry out rewarding work, playing an integral and crucial role in the success of our organization. Based in community settings, DSPs provide assistance with daily activities such as meal preparation, personal hygiene, and medication administration.
DSPs may also facilitate community involvement by accompanying individuals on outings in the community or providing transportation to work or other activities. In addition, DSPs support therapeutic and behavioral plans in partnership with clinical staff to enhance the quality of life for those we support.
Our DSPs are the most exemplary reflections of the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day. At the end of your work day, you know you have made a difference in someone’s life.
Whether you have previous experience in a role like this, or this just sounds like the type of impact you want to make, we want to hear from you! Bring the right attitude, we’ll train you for success!
We currently have both full time and part time positions available. Evenings and Weekend shifts allow schedules to fit around school, other employment, or family commitments.
What we require of you:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Successful clearance of background checks
What we offer you:
- Flexible, consistent schedules. Full and Part time schedules available
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- Competitive pay rates, paid time off, and benefits for 30+ hour work week
- Paid training; Holiday pay
- Career development, and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
- Access to employee discounts with various vendors
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
Founded in 1988, REM Community Options provides an array of home and community-based services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Through flexible, person-centered services including residential and day programs, employment services, behavior management and other supports, REM Community Options empowers individuals to grow and succeed in the communities they call home.
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded with a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. REM Community Options is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services. With ~30,000 employees serving ~26,000 consumers in 35 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!