Primary Location: United States-MN-MNBloomington
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
A job with purpose! Bloomington, Minnesota currently has positions available where day, evening and every other weekend shifts are available. Apply with REM Hennepin today as a Caregiver/Direct Support Professional!
REM Hennepin is a great place to gain experience in: Human Services, Social Work, Psychology, Nursing, Pre-Med, Alcohol and Drug Counseling, Education, Child Development, Sociology, Criminal Justice, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy or Mental Health.
Since we support programs on a 24/7 basis, we have many shifts and schedules available:
- Full-time/Part-time available
- Early mornings, evenings, overnights and weekends open
This position provides services to people with a broad array of ages and disabilities, whether that be behavioral, physical, or mental health through assistance with activities of daily living, similar to Direct Care Providers and Certified Nursing Assistants, such as:
- Errands to shopping or activities
- Transporting to medical appointments
- Enjoying recreational activities together
- Preparing meals
- Assisting with medication administration
- Personal hygiene and grooming
- Bathing and toileting
- Teaching strategies to live as independently as possible
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Compassionate approach
- Reliability, responsible attitude
We offer a rewarding work environment with great co-workers where no day is ever the same as the next. REM Hennepin is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers. With ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 people in 36 states, you'll have free training, career development, and advancement opportunities from coast to coast.