Primary Location: United States-AZ-AZChandler
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
Full time, part time and on-call positions are available. We have openings for employees available for evening, overnight, and weekend shifts.
Come join Arizona MENTOR in the very important work we do providing Supported Living programs and community-based services for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain injury, and other neurological challenges.
As a Caregiver/Direct Support Professional, you'll carry out rewarding work, seeing your impact in lives on a daily basis. DSPs provide training, assistance and supervision to clients in the areas of living skills, therapeutic recreation, and other forms of assistance in both residential and community settings.
Assist with daily activities:
- Errands to shopping or activities
- Transporting to medical appointments
- Enjoying recreational outings together
- Preparing meals
- Assisting with medication administration
- Personal hygiene and grooming
- Bathing and toileting
- Assisting with redirecting behaviors using strategies with a calm demeanor as prepared for in your training
- Teaching strategies to live as independently as possible
Whether you have previous experience in a role like this, or this just sounds like the type of impact you want to make… we want to hear from you! Bring the right attitude, we’ll train you for success!
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age
- A caring attitude with a dedication to assisting others
- Successful clearance of background checks
- Valid Arizona driver’s license in good standing required for most positions
- Full, Part time, and As Needed, schedules available
- Paid training provided on site
- Paid time off, and benefits for 30+ hour work week, including Holiday pay
- A rewarding work environment with fantastic co-workers
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- Career development, and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!